BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: I am pissed! Nov. 1 fishing at White Lake, windy, fishing was fair. Kept 2 - 16 in. dinner fish.
This is what I found inside of one of them, there were five, but three were pretty fresh. :wallbash: Is this the proof of what we feared? Last I heard, was rumors of Perch and/or Bass being illegally placed in White Lake like what happened to Gardom and a couple others in this area. These minnows were too small for me to make a positive ID. but they are obviously coarse fish. :-[ If anyone recognizes or can make a certain ID. then please let me know, or better yet, advise the DOF. I have the 3 best samples on ice in my freezer.
This find makes me very sad. White Lake is a jewel, with wonderful world class fishing. Gardom, for example used to have some very large brook trout and very healthy rainbow fishing. Now it smells like a fish processing plant and is filled to the brim with 2-9 in. perch and smallmouth. There is beginning to be some larger bass but that is not the point. The point is White Lake was a healthy rainbow trout lake and should have stayed that way. Who ever the idiot is running around transplanting illegal fish..... should be deported... Before one of us responsible anglers gets our hands on you/them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I sure hope they are not perch...it would be a shame to have White Lake sucumb to the same problems Gardom Lake has had. I fish Gardom regularly; last Brookie I caught there was in Oct. 2005.......they have stocked it with triploids, but they are not great fighting fish. I catch about 6 perch for every trout I catch & release...
Hard to believe, but there are people fishing Gardom daily who are happy to see the perch and bass in there.

·
Registered
452 Posts
My uncle lives up in Salmon Arm and told me that, years ago, some dumb-ass had a fish pond with carp in it and, lo and behold, a sudden rise in the water level swamped his pond and washed the fish out. Could be a local story but I've not known him to BS. Gardom, as mentioned earlier, is now completely pointless to fish. DFO or whoever it is that manages the fishery up there is a lot more hesitant to poison and re-stock these days so we might be seeing the end of our trout fishery in the area. Doesn't take much for a heron or something to pick up a coarse fish and drop it into another body of water.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Very Sad News.

try sending the photos to one of the mods to get them to post it for you. Very nice lake with a few resorts that will suffer greatly if and when the bow fishery colapses.

makes me very angry as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.