BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-
With all of the bleak arse reports coming in lately, I figured it was time for a bit of good news. Went down to Chaster Creek last night for a little look see off the beach. Finally saw some nice coho starting to jump along the shore line. Threw the rod in the water with the old trust crocodile on the end and ripped into a nice 5 lbs coho. Light tackle off the shore makes it fun. Anyway, will be going out in the boat tomorrow, and will let everyone know how it goes. Nice to see them come in. Had a tip from the guy who works at the Chapman creek hatchery that the run was approximately one month late, and it appears as though he was right. Lets hope the weather stays good through September so we can all take advantage!

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Told you I would keep you all posted, so here it is...
Went out last night on the boat, and dragged the shore line. 20-30 ft of water, running 10 and 15 down on the balls, with just coyote spoons trailing behind. Wierdest thing, picked up a spring on the rod 10' down. Just undersize. Also, picked up 2 nice coho, but unfortunately both were wild, and had to be released. Was pretty rough out, so it was a lot of work by myself. Little tip, never take a leak facing into the wind and waves while the rod on the other side of the boat goes off with a fish on... You tell me what you let go of, and what you would grab.

· Registered
3,928 Posts
doublesteve said:
Little tip, never take a leak facing into the wind and waves while the rod on the other side of the boat goes off with a fish on... You tell me what you let go of, and what you would grab.
First tip.....DON'T take a leak INTO the wind; waves or no waves ;) ....UNLESS you have been drinking beer as it is really just water spilling out over your knees and feet. Personally...I would pea with the wind....so I can keep a close eye on the downrigger and line...and yes....I would grab the "rod" on the downrigger before my own "rod". I have peed on myself before on the water and likely will again....but a fish is a fish. :thumbup:

· Registered
781 Posts
Pippen said:
doublesteve said:
Little tip, never take a leak facing into the wind and waves while the rod on the other side of the boat goes off with a fish on... You tell me what you let go of, and what you would grab.
I would grab the "rod" on the downrigger before my own "rod". I have peed on myself before on the water and likely will again....but a fish is a fish. :thumbup:
Spoken like a true fisherman. LOL

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey again-

coho have moved in again and are thick along the shoreline from gibsons (chaster creek) right in to davis bay (chapman creek). for anyone looking to make a weekend trip, there is very good chance of still nailing some off the beach. i had one the other night. also, with the rain in the forecast the chapman creek hatchery runs will be loading up huge to travel up stream. i am expecting a good weekend of beach fishing and river fishing.... thought i would let you know. message back on this posting if you feel like coming up... might be out and about and able to show you some spots!

ss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.