BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took a stroll with the young'nz @ Steveston in the early days of June & noticed the stacks & rows of crab traps in ready for the commercial opening in the coming months

My questions is???? when doze the commercial season for crabbing start ????

If I got time, It'll be best 2 set my traps B4 the gong show..............EH!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I believe the commercial crabbers start on June 15th this year. Get out there before that if you can as they suck them up pretty fast. I know they have a job to do but it's frustrating at times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe the commercial crabbers start on June 15th this year. Get out there before that if you can as they suck them up pretty fast. I know they have a job to do but it's frustrating at times.
Can anyone confirm the date? I have also heard June 23, and would like to know for sure to plan...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Checked commercial fishery notices. Area 28 & 29 open 8:00 June 15 until August 1
I used to crab a lot around the coal port and it's a gong show when they open and the crabs get caught pretty quick. Best to get out there soon.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked commercial fishery notices. Area 28 & 29 open 8:00 June 15 until August 1
I used to crab a lot around the coal port and it's a gong show when they open and the crabs get caught pretty quick. Best to get out there soon.

I love when the ferries run straight over the large commercial Scotchmen buoy's
The ferries had never tangle on the lines & seeing the flotila of buoys, it just boggles me, I know on my boat I'd B tip-toe'n though the toolipz!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts