BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my Boss comes to me and says he'd like to take the employees out fishing. He has a boat (50+ ft), some fishing gear and a desire to fish, but no knowledge. I'm a fisherman of sorts (kind of new to salt with some experience) and he is hopeing i can make this whole employee fishing get together work. I could sure use some help.

I'm thinking, a bunch of guys,(I'm sure there will be some Suds) no downriggers, no experience and me doing all the work. Is there somewhere to get "live Herring"??? Should we use Buzz Bombs and Zinggers??? What other sit around and mooch methods are there??? And then where to take these guys? I know we can mooch around Ambleside and W. Vanc. Can we go anywhere else?? Or any other suggestions as to where we might go and have some fun catching any type of fish??

I'll take some crab traps and I have a brand new prawn trap i'd like to try.

Thanks to all who reply and offer advice.

Matt

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Matt, if I were you I'd call jay or jeff at BonChovy. I know they offer a service where they trail a yacht with a actual fishing boat taking out the guests fishing. Your experience would be 100x better than going at it yourself.

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Sounds like you're being set up to impress the boss! LOL If everything is going to fall on your shoulders I would start by re-reading the regs. That's a lot of responsibility Matt. Also is live herring still allowed? I was under the impression it was not, at least in certain areas.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think damn has the right idea. if you don't have idea on where to go, what to use.... you are better off having someone else guide you. looking back to my first year. 0 prawns for a while, lost a trap or two. back pain. no fish. few crabs.

your boss has 50+ feet boat, he can afford to pay a guide to be on it for a day.
also you will have someone to blame if things dont turn out right.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the response. You're right, he should foot the bill and get a Guide. I don't really want the headache. As of today he has not said anything else about the outing. Works for me.

I was out the last 2 days and we didn't get anything. We tried for sockeye and springs. We've had no luck this season hooking into any Springs. We managed to get some sock's but nothing else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts