BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have had the pin gear out a couple of times now and i must say that i like it.....second time out i talked to some guy on the river who worked with me for a bit and gave me some good tips, mainly letting the line start dropping before you cast which i did not know.....getting good distance and pretty good placement....have had one fish on but reaction time for setting the hook was a little off(so used to the level wind)....battled it for about 60 seconds and it was off......i have found so far that wrist and arm fatigue is less and find it easier on my back as well(battle a bad back for years)....any way i can definitely see what all the fuss is about and i think i am going to really enjoy this

· Registered
1,165 Posts
I too have recently switched to a pin and I too love it. Have landed a bunch of sockeye on the vedder and finally this past sunday a spring :thumbup: . I have serviced the calcutta and put it away.

· Registered
517 Posts
nocoho said:
well i have had the pin gear out a couple of times now and i must say that i like it.....second time out i talked to some guy on the river who worked with me for a bit and gave me some good tips, mainly letting the line start dropping before you cast which i did not know.....getting good distance and pretty good placement....have had one fish on but reaction time for setting the hook was a little off(so used to the level wind)....battled it for about 60 seconds and it was off......i have found so far that wrist and arm fatigue is less and find it easier on my back as well(battle a bad back for years)....any way i can definitely see what all the fuss is about and i think i am going to really enjoy this
nocoho, what is exactly the pin gear?

thanks

Giuseppe

· Registered
787 Posts
Ever since i picked up on centerp pins i have never owned a level winder again, even if I go out barfishing i use a mooching reel instead of the big game level winds for the fraser.

If you plan on trying to use a moocher for bar fishing casting a 20 plus ounce weight can be very intresting, practise on the little pins first or you will be picking out a backlash all day LOL !!!

Im an Avon Royal Supreme (Red Handles) Fan, and i find if you take the line guards off it makes life allot easier to get those little tangles out. ask Flyguy I took his Line guard off and he was amazed on how much easier it was

· Registered
1,702 Posts
nice setup,what do u think of the aventa, any wobble or noise? spin true? that rainshadow sounds pretty sick! i too just got a new setup, streamside cp with a trophy 10ft rod, sick setup but after 0 -6 i'm getting a little discouraged.

· Registered
691 Posts
nice nocoho :thumbup: you know once you land that first fish you'll never go back to the baitcaster the feeling of that one to one ratio is awsome,as time passes by casting will become easier .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.