BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone has driven past these lakes on their way through the Coquihalla Toll Booth, but how many of you have actually stopped and fished them? I'll bet not too many, and as a result these lakes have very little fishing pressure.

I call these my "one hour lakes" as it only takes an hour from Chilliwack to drive there. I usually park on this side of the toll booth and hike down with my float tube to save a few bucks on the toll.

Due to the elevation, these lakes are productive when allot of other lakes are not.

The fish aren't huge, but they are plentiful. Gold ribbed hairs ears and black leeches work best.

A great day trip lake, I encourage you to try at least once.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
you know i thought the same thing, so one day i popped in on the way home from the cariboo. there was 3 of us, did not touch a fish, and did not see a fish. it was a pleasure however to fish with no one else on the lake.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I've fished these lakes several times in the past, and enjoyed them especially when there were traveller sedges on the surface. Largest fish I've pulled out of there were around 16-18" chrome bars that fought well. The loons can sometimes be pesky, but the scenery is beautiful, and as mentioned by Buckshot44, they are close to town.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What time of year have you fished these lakes? I've driven by with the family and trailer during the peak of the summer and wondered if they are still productive in late July/Aug. Maybe next time I should stop and break up the drive home with a couple hours of fishing.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Very interesting. I'm also in Chilliwack so these lakes would be an option for me too. Is there decent shore fishing or is a float tube necessary? Thanks for the head's up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When you mention off the Coldwater, are you speaking about a lake nearby or actual river fishing? We drive up and down the Coquihalla and Coldwater road regularly and have always wondered what the Coldwater would be like for river fishing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.