BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering why it is that I used to see boats anchored and fishing at the mouth of the Coquitlam river? I don't see that anymore. Is it because the fishery has declined, closed to fishing? Would like to know.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
keep in mind the fraser just opened for coho retention...so you likely wouldn't have seen any boats anchored out there even if the fishing were good, until about 3 days ago anyways...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Since it's the mouth of a fresh water river, fish heading up river tend to go right through there even though they aren't heading up the actual Coquitlam River. What that means is... even though stocks in Coquitlam River are low and the river shouldnt be fished, fishing the Fraser right near the mouth still seems to be an excellent place! I have had 7 fish on there (fishing from shore) in three outing this past week... it has been way more productive than Stave! (one coho snapped my lure off... damn it!)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Canadian Cowboy,

Was it you I saw fishing from shore, waded in up to your chest throwing spoons? I was there Sunday and Monday. The spoons were working quite well, but I did try barfishing a spin n glo and they hammered it a few times.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I thought it might be, I was in my boat (same as my avatar, very noticable) spoons were definately working but they kept shaking loose for me. From what I saw we were the only 2 to hook into anything. The guy that was waiting for you to leave on monday started barfishing and hooked a boot chum...by the tail, then bonked it :?

You should try a spin n glo next time your out there, during the tide changes it seems to draw a lot of attention. About med sized. Next time you see me out there, and if there is room, wave and I'll get you off shore for some fishing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey guya, I used to fish there alot, and slay coho. I even managed to get a hatchery one too. I got her on a gold hildebrant lure. When the salmon aren't biteing just throw on a dew worm and go for some dollies. I've gotten some over ten pounds there before. Youre right on the money steelie trav, fish those tide changes. Good luck out there. Post back and let me know how you do.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
You can fish from shore on both sides. The east side, terrible hike through crap. I did it last year. The west side I have never been to but it seems as though it is a nice trail. People bring thier dogs there all the time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ya the west side is an easy walk from colony farm parking lot... we bike past there a lot as well. I'm not a spin and glo guy so I probably won't be trying it anytime soon! So that guy hooked it by the tail and bonked it eh? That drives me crazy... it's too bad! I got mine by the mouth and she was fairly clean but I was just out for some relaxation! I will take you up on that boating offer as well... will probably be down there at some point this weekend! (or I might go to Stave... who knows) Look for the Camo hat or the cowboy hat (dead giveaway haha)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts