BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Just need a friendly helicopter pilot to drop people off. That's the avenue I would pursue. Drop a hundred ice anglers by chopper. What are they gonna do?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder what the anglers were using for lures. The lodge says its fly only, but the lake is not in the regs so there's another grey area. Tough to ice fish without bait or scent and there were reports that fish were being caught.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm no lawyer and I am not picking sides, but I am curious about this. If I understand it correctly, this is about access to the lake via private land and also about ownership of the fish that Corbett Lake lodge owners say they stocked and therefore own. Can we compare the situation like this? If I lease Crown land to run cattle on and some guy decides that because it is Crown land he can shoot my cattle, is that much different than this case? Maybe let's say I decide to farm venison on leased Crown land, is that different? I can't figure this situation out. Who can enlighten me?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Actually this is worse. If you lease crown land then people are allowed to walk on it.
This is more like someone walking into your backyard and pulling vegetables from your garden.
It doesn't matter how you acquired your land. Trespassing is trespassing.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
http://wcel.org/resources/environmental-law-alert/when-us-billionaire-claims-bc-fish-and-lakes

and a few hours ago: Here are a couple of facts regarding Corbett Lake. First, there is no private land between the highways R/W and the lake. There are two legal R/W plans in this area,. both boundaries are out in the water. The Min. of Highways negotiated a R/W agreement with the previous owner at the time of Hw2y 97-C construction. this agreement states the for$1.00 the Hwys got four hectares of land in return the Hws would build the earthen berm on the adjacent Hws R/W to block public access to the lake, this was public monies spent to block public access to a public lake. I have the document. The comments made by the Merritt RCMP about private land between the R/W and the lake are false and the are aware of this.Last year they charged us with tresspassing and those charges were stayed, these criminal charges are are bogus and will ultimately be dropped as well. We believe that this is being done to keep the public off the lake for another year. Anyone wanting more factual inf can contact me at e-mail [email protected].

·
Registered
886 Posts
All this excitement for pellet feed fish that don't even scrap well when hooked. Biggest secret to this lake is throw a hand full of gravel into the water then cast your imitation pellet fly! Oh well each to their own!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I wonder if 100 anglers just showed up one weekend and proceeded to march out and stand there?
Oh wait is this forum being monitored by the Authorities?

Seriously, My worry is the same as the Nicola F&G Club; where will this practice end?

Money can buy anything in B.C. it would seem.

Just need a friendly helicopter pilot to drop people off. That's the avenue I would pursue. Drop a hundred ice anglers by chopper. What are they gonna do?

·
Registered
19 Posts
devils lake in hope bc

I wonder if 100 anglers just showed up one weekend and proceeded to march out and stand there?

Seriously, My worry is the same as the Nicola F&G Club; where will this practice end?

guy on east side of lake say owns the lake and no ones aload to fish there , says no fish in lake some cutthroat and trout , lake is close to rail tracks so I can't see him owning whole lake , was a great local lake to take the family out on weekend and ice fishing

http://www.sharphooks.com/tripplanner.aspx?&lake=devils+lake+-+hope&lakeid=27&subpage=reports

·
Registered
449 Posts

Not sure when it started, but here's a similar case. Echo lake east of lumby. 20ish years ago the community came up with cash to put in a day site with 2 outhouses, wharf and a small gravel boat launch on the back side of the lake. Across and looking to the right if you are at the resort. Was that way until a French dude bought the resort. Next thing you know, road access is blocked to the day site and he's charging $5 a pop to use the only launch left on the lake. Unless you want to drag your boat over the bank. Anyway, People argued but cash paved the way and it's still closed and the locals are out of pocket for the cost of improvements .Worse, it's not a very big lake to begin with so smaller motors are the norm but this guy posts signs "HP restricted 10 horse or less." and that's now just accepted as fact. Even worse in my opinion is that fisheries stocks this lake for a guy whose already profited by closing the public launch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts