BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day fellas, im planning a trip to corbett lake the second week of may with the old lady and a few other couples, and was wondering if anyone has any tips, or flies that have been productive there around the same time in previous years? I have been told trolling a big black leech down at the bottom, and even some dry flies trolled just beneath the surface work well also. of course chronies,green, and ice cream patterns work well. If anyone has their 2 cents they wanna throw in, please help a brother out. pm me if necessary.
cheers, tuber.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Tuberdude:

Make sure you have a good uniform sink Type III or Type IV sinking line with you, and also plenty of medium to large dragonfly nymph patterns.

If you want to target the surface feeders, I've caught some nice ones on chironamid emergers, Mayfly dries, and small caddis'. There's some good drop-offs on both sides of the lake as you work your way from the lodge to the opening where you can see the highway.

Have fun!

Stone

·
Registered
17 Posts
I fished there last year North of the lodge on the west side before you get to the open area of the road. Fish off the tree area and I used emergers and Mesquiotes very successfully.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
If you have very good weather, clear sky and a moon, fish the very far end of the lake well after the sun sets. There are a lot of weed beds and 3-5 feet holes in the weeds that large fish seems to mograte to later in te evening...Scope out these spots before sundown, anchor and fish there til almost too dark to fish. The info from Stone is good and will produce. A good sink tip with a Burgundy/Black leech will also work, but do not troll at a steady speed. Better to just move a bit, wait wait wait then a short pull of the oars...Caught a couple of nice fish and a few smaller ones last trip when things were REALLY slow due to weather last year....Oh, by the way, there ARE fish over 12 lbs. in the lake so make sure your rod is in a good holder. ;).......Ortho 8)

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
hey tuberdude

seeing as your looking into it would you possibly know how much it costs to park and fish for the day there as i have looked at the website and could not find this info

thanks for any info

HOOK

·
Registered
281 Posts
I believe it costs $80 for the day if you're not staying at the lodge. That's not listed on the website. Here are the rest of the rates.

http://www.corbettlake.com/rate.html

Notice it costs $30 a day to launch your boat even if you're staying there. Having said that they stock it regularly with 3,000 trout from 2.5-6lbs. and 275 from 12-18lbs. 10,000 of these are caught per year. Basically, more big trout than you are likely to find anywhere in B.C. The price is steep though, especially when I've caught big fish for free less than a 1/2 hour drive away. Also keep in mind tht if you wish to fish for the day call first. If the lodge is full, then you're out of luck

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i was told its anywhere from 80 - 100 dollars a day, plus your boat launching cost of 30 bucks.There are lots of other lakes that are close that i too have landed 13+ pounders.But i have had reports of Corbett being an unreal lake to fish. Guess i will find out when i go there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.