BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Don't really know both are good goalies, fire the coach, trade goalie, don't think either will fix the problems, need more Canadians with heart when it comes down to crunch time. GM next....?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I think we should have been able to get a roster player, even if just a third line centre on top of the pick. Had to do it but should have got more back.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Messy situation. Best part of this is that it's done and the organization can move on. Won't know if its for the best until years from now and by then it will just be hindsight. I feel for each goalie being put through a very public ringer on this, but they can console themselves with a massive bank account.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Just a correction...not a ninth round pick but first round 9th overall.
I think it was okay. Not moving Lu and obviously no one was letting go of roster players.
lu is a good goalie. Torts will sort out vancouver "fans" and media in a short time...however I still feel like we're entering a keenan era.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
gillis has hamstrung this team with louongo's contract, now stuck with lou who was told he was not wanted, his mindset was to play for another team, they wanted cory over him now he is supposed to be at his best when his heart is not here, not a remedy for success, aside from what looks to be a very good young player they did not get enough for cory, supposedly edmonton offered a much better package but can see why they did not make that trade, could be a rocky road again this year for the nucks

·
Registered
230 Posts
LOL really!!!! now you all have to suck it up and cheer for a guy you've all been ragging on for two years.....How does your GM keep his job??? ???

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
How does your GM keep his job??? ???
Don't worry.....he'll get gassed like a few of the Nuck cast-offs and end up in Toronto......to lead a team into nothingness year after year after year.

Since the lockout your boys have made the playoffs the same number of times the Nucks have missed the playoffs. ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
this has nothing to do with the Leafs....your GM sucks!!! plan and simple.....your players are soft!!! lets face it the team owner has hired the new coach and traded the future star goalie....,,the only saving grace is that Calgary plays same division, other wise it would be a long season

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
this has nothing to do with the Leafs....your GM sucks!!! plan and simple.....your players are soft!!! lets face it the team owner has hired the new coach and traded the future star goalie....,,the only saving grace is that Calgary plays same division, other wise it would be a long season

It's just kinda hypocritical. ;)

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
pretty hard to get a decent trade when the opposition knows you are desperate to unload salary. Gillis looked pretty good as a GM when the league decoided to bring skill back into the game and to cut down on obstruction in all its forms. Suddenly the league shifts its direction and Gillis and any other team that bought into the "skills" mind-set (see Pittsburgh) is looking lost. Can't blame a GM who took Bettman at his word (or maybe you can). My feelings are the NHL is a Mickey Mouse league and is run by a Sesame Street character. At least the NBA fans had the good sense to boo their commish every time he came on stage at the draft. And he is the guy Bettman has modelled himself on and wants to become!!!

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
So who is Lu's backup? Wasn't there a hotshot young kid who got injured during the season?

Gillis, I would suspect, is going to have to prove his worth this season....
he was tight with ownership and somehow survived...to this point.

And how is Tortorella --at least initially---being received there?
AV had something of a good press presence...Torts is short --and a hard ass...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts