BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back from an overnighter at Cougar creek. The initial enthusiasm was vrey downer as we spoke to a few people the night before with not many fish coming in. First light we had a 10lb in the boat, not big, but a fish. Saw one guy loose a hog and for 4 hours nothing else. We headed out to Maquinnas where I had an unreal day a while ago and immediately saw two fish boated upon arrival, but 6 hours of trolling resulted in only a few throw backs. There was prob a total of 6-7 fish boated that I saw, much less than usual for there. Headed back to Cougar Creek for the night bite, well lack of night bite lol. My buddy misses an oh so crucial hit after being tipped off that a couple were taken deeper than usual at 65 feet. Saw one more fish in the high twenties come in beside us and we called it a night and packed up for the 3 hour drive home. Offshore is still producing and its only a matter of time ti that huge wave of fsih rounds that corner ! With coho not too far behind.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hey WW...care to share the location of Cougar Creek? PM me...if you want :D Cheers! -Nathan in NW

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice One; We fished pretty much the whole Tlupana Inlet as well as Maquinna point. More fish were boated on the outside. Try the light house, one spot we didnt go and where we heard afterwards was doing ok. LikeGone Fishn' said, outside is the place to be right now though, they're not coming in until we get those much needed rains.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There were lots of fish on the inside.... just didnt seem to wanna bite in any big numbers.... huges tides and full moon were factors i would assume..... hisnit and princess royal were packed and there were bites.... great spots for the evening fishery as its close to most camps.... during the day ferrer and bajo seemed to be the places to go.... good luck out there!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just got back on tuesday, fishing was very slow inside, we picked a few up in the san carlos area, friendly cove was very slow but Beano Creek was hot for us, anchovie was the ticket :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts