BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

Enjoyed the verbage this winter very much and led to two days fishing the Stamp with Murphys's. Also somewhat successful from the banks as I learned the river. Just unreal for a Flatlander. I have fished many years for browns and bows in the mountain streams of Central Alberta and have been looking forward to the hatches on the Cowichan. Floated this years ago with Kenzie and company and it was great. Now I would like to do things on my own...either float or walk and wade...preferably above the falls but not necessaryily. I have the river map from the Haig group and it seems very useful. Two questions I could use help with:
1. Is there a shuttel service for pontoon boaters in the area?
2. Can a peson move along the river trails with a mountain bike and thus bike and wade the area?

Greatly appreciate any info.

Cheers

· Registered
135 Posts
I don't fish the upper river as often as I once did, but here is what I can share:

As far as I know, there is no pontoon shuttle, But it is a great idea.Probably not agreat deal of $$$ in it though.

I've walked the trails on a regular basis and I can't see any obvious problems with using a mountain bike on them. I have a buddy that fishes, bikes and wades the upper river. He doesn't appear to have had too many problems. Good luck

· Registered
1,989 Posts
When i was fishing the cow lastweekend i was fishing a nice deep pool for summer runs and browns, then all of a sudden a brown trout pushing close to 20 lbs made a brief apperence, splashing,jumping after something but i mean it was the biggest brown i've ever seen! I now have to do my homework on how to catch browns in the cow! Lots of smaller trout caught all day using spinners and fly fishing. We even went up to skutz falls and went for a nice dip in the pools there great country we live in!

C.K.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.