BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the river is looking alright in the mid section (above cedar log below skutz) where we fished. almost 2ft vis. no steel just a big brown. talked to a few guys with nothing

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey Fishaholic! good to talk to you. I took one small fish out of the washout area today. Mid river looked great except for Sandy Pool. There is still a ton of silt coming out of the creek across from the boat launch

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
so i guess it's slow on the cow? hope it picks up in 2 weeks!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
any fresh reports on the cow? thanx!

·
Registered
135 Posts
A friend of mine was up and hit a fish near Stoltz yesterday.I'm going out tomorrow, so I will let you know . When are you planning on hitting it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hit the Cowichan today and pounded it hard. Not a touch till late afternoon, when my partner hit a long skinny doe at the washout. It was a fresh fish, but it had that gaunt skinny look that so many kelts get in March and April. River is still high. Sandy Pool has the visability of a bowl of pea soup. Bible camp and above had a foot to a foot and a half visability.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did anyone go up to the Cowichan during the weekend? Anything to report? Thinking of going up there on Tuesday for my first try for Steelhead this season. Pathetic...

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
my trip has been postponed till st patricks day! so i guess i'll sit behind this comp and wish st pattys day comes real fast! i'll be there from the 16th in the pm till the 20th anyone in the area wanna go fish'in? pm me!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I fished the Cowichan on Sunday afternoon. The water is pretty high, and still chalky-green, but visibility is not bad. I didn't actually cath any fish but I missed two solid strikes, and a third fish moved for my worm while it hung near the surface at the end of the drift.
I blame those missed fish on being out of practice. This is the first trip I've had in a month, and boy did I need it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Going up to the Cowichan tomorrow. Haven't fished it for Steelhead before, so we'll see how it goes. Thinking of starting at Robertson's Pool and working my way up the river. If anyone has a better suggestion, please let me know. I'll post a report when I get back.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
hey fishaholic save some of that steele for me man! keep up the good work my trip is set and all i have to wait for now is the time to pass bye! what did u hook them all on? pm me with the bait of choice! thanx!

Kevin......

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the fish seem to be well spread below skutz falls. only managed one 7lber today :?
remember if there are two vehicles at a spot (for most) move along. dont forget the ediquite. this is great river for people helping people and getting along, i have never had a problem there and also learned a lot swapping stories, unlike the vedder(ive heard), stamp, and im sure other rivers. also remember to take your garbage with you
and its all good :D

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Heard of lots of fish n the Cow these days.I got a reliable report of one guy getting fifteen in one day.SWWWEEEEEEEEETTTa! The time is now from what I understand.

Hotrod

·
Registered
338 Posts
Back from the Cow. I released a beautiful, fresh doe just after lunch. She's 20" long, with just the faintest hint of pink showing. One was the magic number today, for me and everyone else I talked to -- unless 0 is a number :wink: . The skunk is finally off :D .

·
Registered
1 Posts
So let me guess, you're headed to the Stamp this weekend Hotrod? Myself and many others on the Cowichan have not seen any of these 15 fish days :roll:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts