BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone here fished this river before i have been talking with one of our american members which has not fished it either and we are thinking of trying it out.

any info appreciated ;D

thanks

HOOK

wasnt there a section here for rivers across the border? cause i cant find it

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
HOOK said:
has anyone here fished this river before i have been talking with one of our american members which has not fished it either and we are thinking of trying it out.

any info appreciated ;D

thanks

HOOK

Hook - Look in the freshwater discussion forum.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Prof but i would love to have it stay here where less can view it. is that ok? if not feel free to move it over ;D

my main reason for putting it here is i would like to know if this river is worth fly fishing and what techniques work best and what to use.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
professori said:
HOOK said:

any info appreciated ;D

thanks

HOOK

Hook - Look in the freshwater discussion forum.
Is there a post already in that forum?

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
HOOK said:
Thanks Prof but i would love to have it stay here where less can view it. is that ok? if not feel free to move it over ;D

my main reason for putting it here is i would like to know if this river is worth fly fishing and what techniques work best and what to use.
No problem leaving it here :) :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've fished it, mainly for summer runs. The Cow has the biggest hatchery in Washington and possible the whole west coast.
When where you thinking of going and what tyoe of fish are you going to target

I pulled this off a US Site dated 11/5:

Friday before last we fished the first 2 miles below the barrier. Not alot of fish being cought. 1 Coho and 2 Chinooks, Chinooks were ugly as you could imagine. picked everything up on eggs.

And:

Tough goin. 2 bright coho, missed 2 others. 8 hours of fishin. Long drive for 2 fish

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks i was thinking of heading like a week before xmas for some winter runs then again for summers next year ;D

do you know when the run really gets in there ?

·
Registered
176 Posts
The Summer run this past year wasn't very good. Fished it a couple times with guides and managed one fish for yours truly :'( LONG ways to go for no fish.
The Chehalis, Wynoochee and Olympic Peninsula rivers are better for winter steel. The Skagit River (The one down here) has a decent run of hatchery brats before Christmas. They head for the Cascade River hatchery up near Hamilton.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Sol Duc, Hoh, Bogie, they are all good. Not a ton of bank access. Very good if you have a drift boat, which I sold several months back to buy my Commander :'(

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
HOOK said:

Arn't all rivers worth fly fishing HOOK?

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well CK most of the americans that fish that system back troll plugs and things like that not very many fly fish. wasnt sure if it would be very productive with all that terminal gear out there ;D

·
Registered
224 Posts
i regularly travel to seattle to visit the girl friend and everytime i cross the skagit and sky i think i have to stop and fish (i already have my washington license-along with my parking pass), but i am concerned about bank access. where is the best bank access on these streams?

also, i have to check the regs, but are sections of these rivers open to gear fishing or is it fly only? (i'm going to smuggle some bugs across the border!!LOL)

Dinsdale

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.