BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we dropped a couple of traps out off of the Teahouse on Saturday and got mixed results. First off.......some jacka$$es poached one of our traps. There were about 3 or 4 other floats out there when we dropped our traps and when we returned about 4 hours later one of them had been taken along with the other floats. :evil: :roll: It was strange as we were not really out of view of the traps for too long and it was maddening.

So we pulled up the other trap and had a total of 18 crabs in it........unfortunately only 5 males of keeper size but they still made for a good eat on Saturday night.

Definitely will be out again in the next little while.

PS.......don't forget that the "salt" licenses expired on March 31rst. I had got mine, but no one else on the boat remembered so we had to whip into the gas dock at the entrance to false creek.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Could have been DFO they have been known to take trap with out name and phone # on them.
Have fun, Jason

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bigjay said:
Could have been DFO they have been known to take trap with out name and phone # on them.
Have fun, Jason
Jason.......ya I have heard that.......but both traps were very well labelled with my name, phone # etc. There was even a polite bit of small writing on the float that "red tide" is in the area and I wouldn't bother eating anything!! :lol: Apparently it didn't work though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts