BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm new on the boards (though I've been a bit of a lurker for a while). I generally fish out of a kayak and I was wondering if White Rock is a decent place for crabbing. I live near White Rock and it has easy access to the salt for kayakers. Is there decent crabbing there?

Also, are there any days of the week crabbing is closed in area 29? I can't find any in the regs but they are a bit complicated ;)

Thanks!
Rory

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can crab any where off White Rock. Males only and 6" 1/2 for Dungeness and 4" 1/2 for Red Rock. That said the commercial boats have sapped the area so keepers are few and far between. I've had success with traps, free diving the pier and walking the eel grass on low tides.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can crab any where off White Rock. Males only and 6" 1/2 for Dungeness and 4" 1/2 for Red Rock. That said the commercial boats have sapped the area so keepers are few and far between. I've had success with traps, free diving the pier and walking the eel grass on low tides.
Thanks for the reply. Are there better locations for crabbing in area 29?

·
Registered
35 Posts
low tide under the pier water stays there in a channel about ankle to knee deep just walk along with water shoes on feel anything hardish under your toes pick it up.i found the big crabs like to bury themselves under the pier on the out going tied.don't tell anyone iv;e kept this a secret for over 30 years.cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I usually have 2 traps soaking a couple hundred meters due sputh of the pier. Had great success until about the first week of august, as commercial guys started July 15.

I had 14 in trap last sunday - all too small. My other trap had just 1 in it - and it was a keeper - go figure!

Good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts