BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been crabbing in years, but I was thinking about taking the zodiac out tomorrow. Where is a good place to go crabbing?? Besides Whiterock, I hate trying to find parking there. What is good bait, I use to use chicken, is that still good or... I have a box style trap, so I'll elave it down for a few hours :) So I'll also need a location that has good fishing as well....

· Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Sorry for the late response. South side from Bedwell bay or Cates park N.Van is pretty good. If you don't
have a boat it can be a tough go... :p There is a park along the Barnett hwy that accesses the same
area but at least a small dingy would be disirable....Tsawassan/ Ferry terminal/Coal Port is good aswell
but once again boat required... ;) If you want to hook up for crabbing give me a shout and maybe
we could make a day or even an afternoon. I can be just about anywhere by two ...Cheers ...Marko

· Registered
1,437 Posts
There are a few ...... and I believe the key word if FEW. Be patient perhaps one of them will provide a response when they are on next. :thumbup:

I've actually tried to avoid crabs all my life. :happy: :beerchug:

GOFISH 8)

· Premium Member
3,684 Posts
GOFISH said:
There are a few ...... and I believe the key word if FEW.  Be patient perhaps one of them will provide a response when they are on next.   :thumbup:

I've actually tried to avoid crabs all my life.   :happy: :beerchug:

GOFISH   8)
Whats wrong with a little crustatious delite....?? I thought you were a chuck dude Gofish.... :D....Marko... ;D

· Registered
1,437 Posts
Compared to others I only dabble at Salt Water compared to Fresh but like to very much. :thumbup: Since I don't have traps (which I keep saying I should get) I don't know much about Crabbing. Hope to get some soon ....... Prawn traps too. :beerchug:

GOFISH 8)

· Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Well let me just say it's as easy as pie and it gives you something to look forward to after comming up
empty handed from a long day of fishing.. :beerchug:....Marko

· Registered
62 Posts
try indian arm, i have friends who live up there... they get a half a dozen every time i go up there for dinner.
they use 9 lives cat food. jab a tone of holes in the can find a deep spot around 200-230ish and let er sit for 2-3 hours.
we go around the power station and half way between shores

· Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the offer Marko, I might take you up on it. I have 2 boats I can use, but in theory 2 I have access to, and 1 is a prototype (soon to be doing sea trials). My pop & I bought a 16' fiberglass with a 90hp 6cyl merc about a year ago, with a hole in the hull, and a chuck ripped out of the gear housing. We've replaced the lower end, and still slowly working on the hole...

I have a 10' Zodiac with a 9.9 merc) and a 14' Catamaran (moves great with the Minn Kota, wanna try the 9.9 on it) Catamaran is great for crabbing & fishing, it has that huge trampoline between the hulls....

Now I just need a free weekend...

9 lives cat food eh... What do I do with the cat :p (I'm a dog person)

· Registered
3,928 Posts
Stuck in Reverse said:
9 lives cat food eh... What do I do with the cat :p (I'm a dog person)
Stucker.....in all honesty you can pretty much throw anything in the trap. A while back we dropped traps and headed into Granville Island for beers, lunch and to watch a Canucks afternoon game. We decided we were going to head out and drop the traps again, but we were out of chicken/turkey backs. We took left over calamari, pizza and a few rib appetizers. Needless to say....we dropped the traps for about an hour and had another 4 keepers.

Personally...we do very very well with chicken and turkey backs, but also if you can get leftovers from salmon after they have been fileted or salmon heads they seem to work very well. Load up a bait bag with a pile of leftover scraps from a butcher or fish market and you have a good mix.

I mentioned this before but I heard keeping prawn heads and putting them in a bait bag or bait cup drives the crabs wild.

Drop me a PM when you are headed out and I can help steer you in the right direction.

BTW....I had a good laugh at how you got your "stuck" name. Welcome to the forum.....had a good laugh reading your posts, you have a sense of humor like I do.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Marko i'd be glad to join you for a days worth of crabbing! I did not know that you were crabby ;D! I have lots of frezerburnt salmon that would be great for bait! I'm hoping to get an invite sometime befor the summer ends? :D Let me know bud!

C.K.

· Premium Member
3,684 Posts
I've got all the gear and a few new tricks in the old tub..... :drunk:

just say the word thats all you have to do bud.............SAY IT....!!!! :wallbash:

..... :beerchug:.....marko

· Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mmm being that I just bought the 4x4, I'll be working on that for awhile... Once I have a road legal bush wagon, I'll be heading out for points only accessible by 4x4 along the coast. If there isn't a road, I'll make one... I really need a nice quiet vacation (weekend away).. I'll take my zodiac, fishing & crabbing gear, and get away for 2 or 3 days... before I kill someone that is....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.