BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know any good local spots for these tasty critters .ive herd of jones being really productive .but thats a bit far .

·
Registered
419 Posts
Vedder canal

·
Registered
875 Posts
Use to go diving for them in the Vedder river below lickman road.
Mask and snorkel and a lunchbag over your shoulder. Dive down and flip rocks. Can get an easy limit in about an hour. Some biggins' too.
Jones lake is also awesome for them, huge ones in there. Most rivers or lakes around here will have them, just take a look.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I find them in the Harrison around Kilby all the time.If I could figure out how to a pic here I'd show you a pic or two of em. Never eaten them though.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its easy to get them out of jones lake its kind of a bad way to do it but it works .all you need is a flash light and some bbq tongs and a clear night walk to your knees in the water point the flash light on the rocks and wait then pick the little buggers up

·
Registered
298 Posts
its easy to get them out of jones lake its kind of a bad way to do it but it works .all you need is a flash light and some bbq tongs and a clear night walk to your knees in the water point the flash light on the rocks and wait then pick the little buggers up
I thought that was called pit lamping and happens to be illegal. I used to catch fresh water crawfish in lake whatcome using a trap and a can of tuna or sardines for bait. This was nearly 20 years ago and I don't recall exactly what the trap was like but a prawn trap should work I would think.

·
Registered
901 Posts
You could allways use a waterproof flash light submerged on a peice of line (tie on a hook) and you are covered ;)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Illegal for fish, but craybfish are not fish, they are crustaceons and belong to the lobster family....Not sure about the light use for them....Ortho

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i did say it was a bad way to catch them. but it works .inever tried it seen some guy doing it he caught lots

1 - 13 of 13 Posts