BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
and so i says it's not so much the squirrels running around with peanut butter on their heads, but moreso the honey dripping from the ceiling :happy:
I think this thread might be secret coded. And a writeoff...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Teppit1 said:
and so i says it's not so much the squirrels running around with peanut butter on their heads, but moreso the honey dripping from the ceiling :happy:
I think this thread might be secret coded. And a writeoff...
:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :happy: :happy: :happy: :thumbup:

·
Registered
419 Posts
here is a report. Most of the local creeks have some kind of fish in them. :drunk:

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
fishin30 said:
here is a report. Most of the local creeks have some kind of fish in them. :drunk:
Except for those that are barren.

·
Registered
98 Posts
He is talking about the creek mouths for spring salmon of which I wont name for obvious reasons and whats with the sarcasim he asked a question

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
darmin said:
He is talking about the creek mouths for spring salmon of which I wont name for obvious reasons and whats with the sarcasim he asked a question
Sorry for the sarcasm darmin, but the question was so vague that only you seemed to know what he was really asking. There are many creeks both here in the Lower Mainland and throughout the province. Which ones is he asking about? What information does he want? Water conditions? Fish species? Regulations? Accessibility? How are we to answer helpfully when there is no indication given. One might as well post a thread that asks "How about a report on the fish?" Sarcasm is a tool many use to make a point. The point here is that, if you want information, you should frame a question that indicates what it is that you wish to know. It's also interesting that even tho' you apparently know what he is asking, you are not willing to share that information. (Yup, a little more sarcasm.)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
OK I have an up to date report on the creeks/creekmouths and creek headwaters.
They are still where they were last year . Some have fish, some don't. There are fish at the creekmouths at some of the creeks, but some creeks don't have mouths.
The headwaters are still ahead, and havn't changed.....If I missed a creek, I am sorry, but I think I have them all covered.....If you ned any more info I would go here
www.creekscanada.com................... ;)...... ::)..Ortho 8)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks darmin for showing a little clase on this thread. as for the rest it is very disapointing that a guy cannot ask a ? on a foroum that was set up for guys to share a little bit of information. next time i will spell out every individual creek mouth so that we all understand the ?.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The original question was way too vague. I assumed he was talking about water levels when I first read it, and did not assume he was talking about fishing springs. Just try to be a little more specific sts as I think that you'll find that people here are more than willing to help. Some might even demand to come with you.

Valley Guide said:
U post about these you are beek or an internet angler. You are on the wrong site, go to fishing with rod also known as fishing with beeks!
creek mouths on the fraser cannot be talked about???? c'mon now..... Maybe if it's a spot that you never see anyone at, but otherwise if it's an area that can easilly be found on any map then it's no big secret. You could easilly give a report without naming the exact locale to avoid crowding the spot but that is still helpful to the person who is inquiring. Pointing a guy in the right direction IMO is not being a beek. That's why this forum is here. Let's not forget Valley Guide this site is called "bcfishingreports.com". It's hard to keep that name without adding the odd report. I find it to be very much an issue of karma. The more I've tried to report and help out, rather than chiming in with negative comments which was my first reaction to this forum, the more I've gotten out of it. It's really that simple. I understand that if you're a guide you want to have you're own special places to take clients, but this site is for the average angler to learn and share information with each other. :cheers: TC

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Looks like either my computer has a virus or my rather lengthy, post thrown on the board this am was edited.
No worries......with respect to all, my point made earlier was use the PM feature and keep the "secrets" off the main board...period!........Ortho 8)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
ribwart said:
Ok, well...time to chime in here I suppose...

troutchaser said:
The original question was way too vague. I assumed he was talking about water levels when I first read it, and did not assume he was talking about fishing springs. Just try to be a little more specific sts as I think that you'll find that people here are more than willing to help. Some might even demand to come with you.
Well put TC, it is important to be specific when posting questions in the forum STS, the members here are more than willing to help more often than not, just be patient and make sure you make it clear what you are looking for...

troutchaser said:
...creek mouths on the fraser cannot be talked about???? c'mon now..... Maybe if it's a spot that you never see anyone at, but otherwise if it's an area that can easilly be found on any map then it's no big secret. You could easilly give a report without naming the exact locale to avoid crowding the spot but that is still helpful to the person who is inquiring. Pointing a guy in the right direction IMO is not being a beek. That's why this forum is here. Let's not forget Valley Guide this site is called "bcfishingreports.com". It's hard to keep that name without adding the odd report. I find it to be very much an issue of karma. The more I've tried to report and help out, rather than chiming in with negative comments which was my first reaction to this forum, the more I've gotten out of it. It's really that simple. I understand that if you're a guide you want to have you're own special places to take clients, but this site is for the average angler to learn and share information with each other. :cheers: TC
Again, good point. Particularly the part about learning and sharing information...This forum is moderated so as to foster an atmosphere of amicability that allows anglers of all experience levels to feel welcome, not as if they don't belong to some clique...There is some responsibility to the resource we must acknowledge here, if we do not foster a friendly environment, then many of those who visit the site anonymously will not feel inclined to participate and thus go to other sites to learn about our sport. Now...we don't want them to learn bad habits do we...?

A little bit of sarcasm and maybe a bit of "ribbing" is fine, but if we start to see too much of that, then we are just as bad as other sites on the web that I won't mention here...and I'll put the Kibosh on that, which brings me to my next point...

Valley Guide said:
U post about these you are beek or an internet angler. You are on the wrong site, go to (unnamed fishing site) also known as (accurate, but inappropriate moniker)!
I'd like to think that BCFR conducts itself with an element of class and, regardless of our opinions on some organizations or websites, we display a level of discretion that stops us before we make negative comments about other sites on the web. That kind of comment inevitably gets around and before we know it we have created a reputation that is less than flattering, so please, do not 'slag' other sites or organizations publically on the forum, however accurate the distinction may be, it makes us look bad, and even sounds like the kind of posts you might read on such sites...we are BCFR, which makes us different, and better...lets keep it that way.

Which brings me to my last point...

darmin said:
Thank you Darmin, one thing that has kept me away from other sites has been all the negativity and slagging that goes on there, that's why myself and many other anglers prefer to stay with BCFR...we don't see much of that, if at all here, and it should stay that way...

If you want to post answers to the original question please do so, if you want to pm and keep such advice private, again, feel free...but please lets all keep in mind that although a little sarcasm and ribbing is ok, it grows like a fungus if we don't keep it under control...so use some discretion guys.

Thanks.

ps: STS fisher, I don't often fish the creeks on the fraser in the summer, I'm a steelhead guy, but hopefully someone will chime in with some info for you in pm or in this thread, don't take this stuff personally, roll with the punches... ;)
Well said Rib. It's deffinitely what seperates this board from all others, and always will. :thumbup:

Finder ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts