BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Blackies Spit, if you are familiar with the area. The main beach fluctuates too much with the tides
but is fairly consistant by the sailing school.

:beerchug: Marko

·
Registered
334 Posts
I tried for cutties at Blackie Spit a few times with no luck. I did catch a Starry Flounder on a Rolled Muddler though. That was unexpected. I got to add another species to the list of fish I've caught on a fly rod at least.

·
Registered
708 Posts
back in the day we use to smoke the cutthroat there. Had some evenings where 2-3 of us would get 60-80 fish. It was a very long time ago now and have not been there in 20 years. Most likely many changes to access. Time to go was on evening high tides. You wanted it to peak just before dark. Hotest technique by far and away was casting f4 and f5 flatfish. Use a 7- spin rod, 8lb line, 3 foot leader, 3/8 to 1/2 oz keel sinker instead of a swivel. Dick nites, small Krocs, and flies also worked but nothing like a flatfish did. We would turn left when you got to the bottom of the hill, drive as far as we could , park and walk down the tracks unyil the beach turned from sand to a rocky, bouldedry place. Best fishing of course was when you could see fish breaking water. I think fly fishing due to distance needed to cast and steeper back ground at high tide, would be best out of a small car top boat run to the location from the marina.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
rln, I noticed this area to be a hot bed of activity with little to no access unless you are on a boat
or cross the train tracks. The structure consists of scattered large boulders and sea grass. Good
visibility and kelp also noted. What time of year were you fishing?

:beerchug: Marko

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.