BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out early tomorrow for 10 days of cruising which will involve some fishing, crabbing, prawning etc.....plus kickin' back in the sun, some hikes and exploring...........OH...and a few beers along the way!! :beerchug:

Heading up to Nelson Island/Blind Bay for the first couple days at a friend's place. Then cruising up Jervis Inlet to Princess Louisa Inlet and spending time all through that area. We "may" head up to Desolation but that remains unconfirmed.

Here's crossing my fingers for some "gifts from the ocean". Will try fishing out in Malaspina Strait, but have never tried anything up Jervis so it will be a bit of an "experiment".

If anyone has any idea if it is even worth it to dip a line up the the inlet at this time of the year it would be great to know if there is any salmon fishing at all. :confused:

Hope to have some good pic's and tales upon my return. :peace:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey Pippen

If you have a chart of the area you will see that all along the south side of Nelson Island is a large shoal called Quarry shoals it is straight out in front of Quarry Bay and runs all the way to I believe it is Cogburn point that is at the southwest corner of Nelson Island. Not sure were you are starting out from but if from any were local you will also pass several good spots. Like thornumby Island and Bjeary shoals which is south of Pender harbor on the same side or you could cross over and fish all along the east side of Lasquetti Island and Texada Island. Troll the standards: Herring strip, blue and white hoochy army truck hoochies and anything bright pink or red as there should be some Sockeye and pinks out and about.

Hope this helps

Centerpin 8)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agememnon Channel is a good place to start anywhere near the Ferry slip at Earls cove and along those cliffs with the First nations paintings..also the gravel pit is worth a try ..fish anywhere from 60 to 120 feet deep on the riggger may wish to try shoals at Queery bay is good ... GL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.