BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little report for those looking for a recent report on the cutty action. Proffesori and myself ventured out for the morning to some back washes in search of a little Cutthroat action. It took some hunting around, but we did eventually find them. However Proff had some technical rod difficulties that ended his day soon after. :eek: :p For a window of about an hour there seemed to be constant interest. #8 Carey Specials, #10 Peacock halfbacks, and Proff's own creation "The River Dragon" all produced results on mostly feeder sized fish 12 inch range. With the highlight of bringing to hand a solid 18 inch wild buck. Another typical cutty report. There one minute and gone the next. But they are there for those willing to go and do some treking.

Finder ;)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Nice fatty, bro'...........he doesnn't look like he's too keen on having his face broadcast all over the web!! Nice fish, Kevin!!.............ortho 8) 8)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Great looking fish FF being relatively new to the area I haven't given myself the time to chase these great fish yet, I look forward to my first Cutthroat though, hope It's as nice as that one. Nice Fish!!

Keep'm Bent, Wes Roffey

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.

fishortho said:
Nice fatty, bro'...........he doesnn't look like he's too keen on having his face broadcast all over the web!! Nice fish, Kevin!!.............ortho 8) 8)
Yeh he's got that kind of mug. He seemed calm and content while I held him. No revival needed. He shot off like a bullet the moment I set him back. I think he was playing me.

Finder ;)

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
fishortho said:
Ortho - You referring to the fish or the face above it ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
917 Posts
Nice work Kev! I just got back from Whistler after a few days away with my wife. No fishing! I guess I'll just have to get by from reading your report for now... ;)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sanderson said:
Nice fish Finder 8) My bro landed a beauty a couple days ago when we where out looking for steelys. I used to target them in the Fraser during the winter when I would run out of money and had to ride my bike to the river. Awesome fish though and definatly worth the effort.
Well worth the effort made trying to find them. It's always nice to know there's still beautys like that out there. Even better when they still have the addy attatched. :)

Welcome back FFM.. :)

Finder ;)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nice! 8)

Its been way to long :'( have to go check out some of the old cutty haunts ;)

Got any pics of the river dragon ???

Cheers

-RC

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
No problem Finder. Actually the fly is a river dragon and the recipe and another picture are on the sister site's fly patterns. I may head out tomorrow again. This time I'll take 2 rods. On Sunday I made 2 casts with a 4 piece 4 wt I had just built before Christmas, on the third cast the rod just snapped in two in the middle of the second section. That was it for me for the day. Got home and emailed the guy I bought the kit from, and the replacement blank should arrive Thursday. Anyone having any dealings with Jack Simpson in Williams Lake, you are dealing with a real gentleman. I had a reply, with assurances that my problem would not be one for long, within 20 minutes of sending my email out. This was 4:00 pm New Year's Eve!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts