BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one? Used one? Feedback? Was just given one for my work anniversary, but have never used one myself. Just looking for some user input if anyone on this forums has one or has used one,

Thanks.

G

· Banned
48 Posts
If you search on this forum you should be able to find another thread on the 300 luna baitcaster. I owned one until it was stolen, and having used abus for many years, the luna 300 is superior by far. I have also used my dads shamano calcutta, and still prefer the luna. smooth reel smooth. ;)

· Registered
111 Posts
I am also in the market for one except I'm looking for a 253LA. I just don't see the need for the 300 if all you'll be using it for is salmon/steelhead.
253 can hold about 180yds of 15lb line which is more than you'll ever need; the reel is lighter, more compact and cheaper. In my opinion, the 300 just looks too big and has huge capacity even for heavier line, which again could prove unnecessary depending on what you plan to use it for.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the feedback, I took my new toy out last night for a few casts and am liking it quite a bit. Your right Musicman, it's definitely smooth. I don't mind that it's heavy duty, I spend quite a bit of time on the Fraser, so I'll get used to it!

Thanks Again! :peace:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.