BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
First time on this site.Looking into purchasing a new reel. Between Daiwa luna 300 vs Shimano Calcutta 400 te.I know the daiwa just came out recently.Would loves some feed back on these reels.Also lots of great information on this site.

Thanks Guys RT

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have the Luna 300, I have only useed it 4 times mind you, but the drag is incredibly smooth and it will chuck across the widest river with a flip of the wrist. I think it is an awesome reel and a heck of a bargin at that price point. I also had the 400 te for about 4 years, and I have to say that one was awesome as well when it was in great working order. I say this because I had to have it rebuilt twice. Once because I used it for a season on the Fraser, and the second because I apparently got some borax in it, even though I was trying to be really careful about that. The Te a great reel as well. But for the money, at this point, I would have to say the Luna is a bit better deal. ;)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I have both the TE 401 and the luna in the same model and I have to say that the Luna wins for me! Hands down! Way more smother for better drifts and more accurate casting!

Hotrod

·
Registered
258 Posts
Shimano has Daiwa beat for torque with it's HEG gearing and the daiwa is an all around smooth reel. I currently having major problems with my Millionaire CVZ (modle luna replaces). The reel literally falls apart while I'm fishing. I am constantly retightening the side plate screws only to have them come undone again. My reel is in for a servicing right now and there gonna put some lock tight on it but I donnot think I should have to put lock tight on Daiwa's top of the line round reel just to keep it together (which I had for just over a year before accruing this problem). Well hopefully the lock tight will hold and not require constant re application. With that said I've also had problems with a Calcutta 400 which was replaced under warranty. But I think my problems with the Calcutta were due to sand not build quality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.