BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read the forum about this reel from last january. I have thought about eventually getting one of these reels down the road. My question for all you Luna owners is what size do you have. I would want it primarily for the vedder and was thinkin about the 253, but looks like most of you were using the 300. Also any pros and cons of the luna would be appreciated. I have a calcutta 400, and an abu 6500 c4 right now and was considering a smaller reel. Thanks

· Registered
1,519 Posts
The Luna totally rocks! I own two of them. They are so smooth. A much better reel than the Calcutta TE's and have had heard not one complaint about them and nothing but praise. They are a great high performance reel.

I would go with the bigger reel if you were thinking of having greater flexability as to when,where, or what you fish! But trust me once you feel these reels in action you will be thinking about the smaller one to for strictly coho's and steelhead.

I love them!

Good luck!

Hotrod

· Registered
102 Posts
I was looking at the Luna at Pacific Angler a week ago, and what an impressive toy. I would definitely get the bigger one. The price was between 370 to 399 (I believe).

I still love my Calcutta though, but looking at the Luna as a second baitcaster for a change of pace when fishing.

· Registered
1,519 Posts
mefish said:
I was looking at the Luna at Pacific Angler a week ago, and what an impressive toy. I would definitely get the bigger one. The price was between 370 to 399 (I believe).

I still love my Calcutta though, but looking at the Luna as a second baitcaster for a change of pace when fishing.
This is exactly what I did and now the Calcutta is semi retired!

Hotrod

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you figure if I was just using it in the vedder a 300 would be better to buy(first off) and then maybe down the road the other one. The reason I was thinkin of the 253 is because I have a calcutta 400 and a abu 6500 so if i need a bigger reel I still have them. Thanks for the input so far

· Registered
201 Posts
I owned a Luna 300 and loved it, definately the best reel Iv used. Unfortually it was stolen, so Im back to using my abus. Ill be replacing with another one come steelhead season, after the wear and tear of salmon season.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
I would go with the smaller Luna because it will be plenty of reel for any of the smaller rivers (not good for Fraser or Thompson) my dad fishes and older Abu 5000 and its smaller then the 6500's i own and he has never come anywhere close to being spooled.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.