BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up on the weekend thinking Darke would be iced off, and sure enough, it was. Only caught weeds though, so probably a bit early. It was my first time to this lake and I plan on trying 'er again. Any fans of this lake out there that will give me a pointer or two?

thanks,
grease

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Hey Grease,

Never been to Darke but I know there are lots of fish in there. You must be using the wrong patterns or perhaps your boat is spooking the fish! :lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gee, thanks Geek machine. I will definitely try a "different pattern" and maybe paint a picture of you on the bottom of the boat so they won't be so frightened.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's Turned!

Great, I was up friday after work until dusk in the middle of a good hatch. Lots of bites and surface action, but only one nice brookie to the boat. We'll have to sharpen up our fies for next time to get them to stick.

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Well......what were the fish feeding on, and what patterns did you find success with? Don't think you're going to get off that easy. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whoa, good thing you have your waterproof pants on because this is exciting.....

They were feeding on the larvae but we were getting continuous hits on different deer hair patterns. Gotta like the dry fies. The plan is to go back on thursday and slay em' with the chronies.

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
A couple of members from the "other" popular forum says if you have a good electric motor and battery we should try the far end of the lake. It is deeper and has fewer weeds but more drop offs that the brookies like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts