BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well fellow anglers, I have decided to call it a final season for the end of our salmon fishery, I ended up taking a trip to the Chehalis YesterdayMorning with very little results,hiked all the way down the hatchey channel, all the way till theres no more hiking unless you want to go die hard thru thick bush, with
huge logs,stumps,trees,sticks, and gooey moss and smelly mud and all that fun,I wasnt too impressed seen about 25 hos in the hatchery stream stacked with chum like thousands, and i mean thousands.

ended up deciding to change into trying to get to the main river when it ended up a 45 mins hike thru thick die hard bush. crossing 4 or 5 streams in the chehalis and nothing but chum,stench beyond compromise. Found a nice tailout at the end of the hike,was not able to get to the other side so hiked up the run seeing visibility to the campsite, as we were walking up we seen 1 wild ho jump in the main river completly red and headed to the bridge.

Fished on opposite side and no enchilatas, was very dissappointing almost going in the canyon, chums spawning at the rock canyon, and decided to head to the stave for some fun, no main channel compelty empty at the toilet bowel, chums stacked in the side channel and nothing but fisherman on each side, either flossing or short float which I counted 5 of us with short float rest were flossing.

started to dump buckets of rain called it a day, someone phoned about some other fellow snaggers bagging red and colored chum counted least 5 or 6, DFO showed up checked us for our licenses and tags. and we headed home and called it a season, just wanted to update all my fellow friends, and it was great fishing with you all who ive met this season and hope to do more in 2007 all the best
Tight Lines 8)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
The chehalis can't be done yet? or is it? Everyone fishing the fish in will be fishing the chehalis or harrison! sounds like you had a good hike while you were there! Good report! But it's not sounding to good for the weekend!

C.K.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its all good, i didnt wanna do the canyon i heard it wasnt fun, I hope everyone has a blast tho im not into treacherous hikes, specially when i lost my boox of flies in the cap yrs ago was worth 300$ value and i was pissed off, its not my thing, i like the vedder myself other then the chehalis but to each there own, im not bout slippin or nothin and i heard the canyon isnt too fun quite a hike to get up to the hot spots, anywya cheers everyone. luv to knwo how you all call it a season after the fishout. :shock:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
2 ambulances at the base of the CHehay canyon yesterday. Be very careful, that valley received huge amounts of snow yesterday, like a foot higher up. Very few fresh coho, was at the hatchery doing some work and the boss told me some very sad news about ho numbers, so don't expect to magically hit fresh pods of fish. That being said , this system always receives late arrivers and some good sized ones, they can go black fast after bonking so be choosy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Im not surprised that the numbers are way down on the coho in the cehalis because for three years running there has been no flow on the hatchery side. We need a permanent fix to that issue. There was good flow untill the big rain blew thru below the bridge. The 60k that was spent to dig out the channel and build up the banks by the campground were no match for mother nature. I hope something can be done soon before its too late! Having said that I have to agree that there are still some coho to come. I had a couple of very good days last year late in Dec. The chum were gone and the coho were going nuts for a hammered brass croc! Im going to give it a try on Monday. As I have asked on a couple of previous threads " How do you get up into the canyon?" Any info here or a PM would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I'm gonna see if i can make it to the chehalis nextweekend if the weather improves for i know the coho are just waiting!
i bonked a nice chrome coho from a piece of water not far from there and it was a bar of chrome then it went a light black color! Is this fish still ok to eat? one min chrome all throughout next thing light black! Anyone wanna go fishing nextweekend? let me know!

C.K.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Geez sorry to hear your grounded till June, you musta reall messed up bad.
I think my son would not be allowed to play those brain rotting video games till June or watch TV, but taking away a wholesome hobby like fishing, thats really tough love. I'd make my son carry my gear and clean my fish though :lol: .
Hopefully you get a day parole later is the season when steelhead are in numbers.
I was grounded for 6 months when I was 12, so I can appreciate your situation, time to tie leaders or jigs or flies.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.