BC Fishing Reports banner

Defining adult Chinook in the Vedder

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Giuseppe 
#1 ·
The freshwater salmon regulation reads: "All retained adult chinook must be recorded on the back of your provincial non-tidal angling licence. An "adult chinook" in Region 2 is defined as being over 50 cm except in: a) the Fraser River downstream of the powerline crossing approximately 1 km above the Aggasiz /Rosedale bridge from Sep 01 - Dec 31, b) the Chilliwack/Vedder River (including Sumas River); the Harrison River and the Capilano River."

The Table in the same regulation reads: "Chinook - Jul 01-Dec 31 - 4 per day, only 1 can be over 62cm."

Question: Do I need to report on my license any Chinook (wild or hartchery?) measuring between 50 and 62cm?

Thanks

Giuseppe

#2 ·
Adult chinook defined
16.02 For the purpose of the recording instructions set out on the back of an angling licence, an adult chinook is defined as

(a) measuring over 62 cm from the tip of the nose to the fork of the tail in the non-tidal waters of the

(i) Fraser River from the CPR bridge at Mission upstream to the powerline crossing situated about 1 km upstream from the Agassiz-Rosedale bridge, from September 5 to December 31,

(ii) Harrison River downstream from white fishing boundary signs situated near the mouth of Harrison River, from September 5 to December 31,

(iii) Chilliwack/Vedder River downstream from Slesse Creek, from July 1 to December 31, and

#7 ·
So, it looks like that "adult" is defined differently in terms of sizes according to different rivers. In the Vedder river an adult Chinook is one measuring over 62cm, and that's what I need to report eventually on my license. Thanks guys.

Giuseppe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.