BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading up that way in to a week and a half and was looking for a report. Email me if you don't want a post. What is bait is best for Kokanee in Deka?

Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey marsman just wondering how the trip went. I will be heading up there the canada long weekend and hoping you have some tips. Hope you had a great time!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had a great trip. Only fished Deka as the fishing was good. Caught a ton of Lakers and a few Rainbows all on the fly. Fishing was best through the narrows on the shoal. Weather was off and on but there was a ton of hatches and the fish were feeding pretty heavy. Lots of hatches and good dry fly action.

Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No pics, Didn't have the camera with us. In June the lakers are in the shallows feeding but head out deeper in mid July. All the lakers we caught in 8-12' water. Caught a few on the dry line with a bead head chronie off the surface.

Cheers, Rob

Smoked a couple up a home when we got back and were great.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Hey Rob, why don't you photoshop one of those fish with Allouette Lake in the background and you can watch me eat my shirt!! ;D ;D.........Ortho

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Marsman said:
No pics, Didn't have the camera with us. In June the lakers are in the shallows feeding but head out deeper in mid July. All the lakers we caught in 8-12' water. Caught a few on the dry line with a bead head chronie off the surface.

Cheers, Rob

Smoked a couple up a home when we got back and were great.
Nice job! Anything of decent size? If it can be caught on a fly then I'm always interested. :thumbup:

Finder ;)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Much late but oh well, All the lakers were 1-4lb's. Most around 2-2.5lbs I'm planning a trip on the long weekend but not sure where I am heading. Might hit Washington again but in the Sol-Duc or Hoh river areas. I bought a US Annual liciencse and with teh cheap gas and booze it's fun fishing the rivers down there. The Hoh River Rain Forest Campground is a beautiful place. Head 5 miles down the road and you can fish any of the river.

Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts