BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, quick question:

Sometimes we reply to some posts, but then the same topic goes on and on and on and one (people fight, topic changes in the same posts, etc..)... how can I remove that topic from being listed when I click "show new replies to your posts?".

Thanks

Giuseppe

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Giuseppe said:
ribwart said:
Not that I know of Giuseppe...hang in there, those "drag on" type posts do eventually end... ::)
Just thought now while reading your reply that maybe I just need to delete my post from there, I'll try and let you know.

Giuseppe
interesting, I just realized that I can't delete my own posts. oh well, I will learn to have a sense of where the topic is going to before submitting my post (although sometime is difficult, if not impossible).

Giuseppe

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
The mods can remove posts for you if it's warranted...part of the reason people can't remove their posts, is we want those posting to realize they have to stand by what they say. Take some responsibility for their statements...

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ribwart said:
The mods can remove posts for you if it's warranted...part of the reason people can't remove their posts, is we want those posting to realize they have to stand by what they say. Take some responsibility for their statements...
I see. it makes sense. thanks for the reply.

Giuseppe

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Giuseppe - I am not sure if this will work for you, but go to your post, click on modify and when it takes you to the edit page, click "additional options" (bottom left) and unclick "notify me of replies". Let me know if this works.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
professori said:
Giuseppe - I am not sure if this will work for you, but go to your post, click on modify and when it takes you to the edit page, click "additional options" (bottom left) and unclick "notify me of replies". Let me know if this works.
I looked at it. And when I click on the additional options the option "Notify me of replies" is not ticked, the only ticked option is the "return to this topic" (which is selected again the next time I open the option, even if I removed that selection). I saved now the additional options as they are (without selection of the "Notify me of replies"). Let's see if I get a notification after someone posts something in the "Sockeye Stole My Rod" topic.

Giuseppe

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Giuseppe said:
professori said:
I looked at it. And when I click on the additional options the option "Notify me of replies" is not ticked, the only ticked option is the "return to this topic" (which is selected again the next time I open the option, even if I removed that selection). I saved now the additional options as they are (without selection of the "Notify me of replies"). Let's see if I get a notification after someone posts something in the "Sockeye Stole My Rod" topic.

Giuseppe
I just realized that it wasn't the smartest move to choose that topic since it is not extremely active... could someone please just add a comment on that topic ("Sockeye Stole My Rod"; in freshwater discussion) so that I can test if i get notified a reply? I appreciate you help. thanks

Giuseppe

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Or you can go to your profile - notifications and email and turn off the "notification when you post or reply to a topic". This means you have to check all new posts when you sign on if you want to see what is posted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.