BC Fishing Reports banner

DERBY DAY

622 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  flyguy 
#1 ·
thought i would post some pics and reports from the derby today......6 fish weighed in, mine was the smallest at 9lb 3 oz......i was looking pretty good for a decent prize and with less than 10 minutes to go 3 fish were brought in all 13lbs and a bit......funny thing is (not really) a couple of hours earlier i met a couple of guys and ended up giving them a ride to their truck and seeing i had nailed my fish before 9:00 i told them where i was fishing and sure enough these 2 and their buddy were the ones that brought in the 3 fish just before the time limit.....cut my own throat.....lol.....any way a pretty successful derby, free hats with ticket purchase, lots of draw prizes (won a nice box of flies with my draw ticket).....they put on quite the feed bag.....hamburgers, hotdogs, shishkabobs, shrimp(would have been great bait), desert, coffee, pop, lots of other stuff too.....all in all a very enjoyable day

See less See more
#6 ·
The derby was definatly a success and there was $1425.00 raised for the sportfishing defence alliance. It was nice to see some familiar faces in the crowd. The bottom end was windy and cold and the fishing was slow down below. I believe all the fish except one where caught mid to upper river. Myself and searun did not touch a thing all day :'( but it was still a good time. I am sure next years will be even bigger :thumbup: .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.