BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All...... A few years ago I had found a detailed map on the net of the Vedder/Chilliwack river. It had listed all the fishing holes(well not all) and where they were located. This map was a big part of my learning the river. I have tried again to find it, just for the sake of looking again. BUT no luck. Does anyone know where I might be able to get a detailed map of the river, fishing spots or not. Preferable for free on the net?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I don't know of a good link off hand but if you go into Freds custom tackle or online they have
an exellent map that will do just fine. The Vedder is a fairly small system and can easily be learned
in a couple of days. Lots of fisherfriends on the flow or on this site and others that would be more
than willing to help along the way. ...Cheers ...Marko... ;D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Prof. ;D that was the exact one I was looking for

·
Registered
29 Posts
Also check out Sharphooks.com it has some interesting views of the Vedder/Chilliwack with some pics to help show what it used to look like.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks Prof. I've been fishing the river for a few years but unsure of the local names of the various spots - so now I know for sure. Very helpful.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Right now, most of the maps and runs marked on them arn't too helpful especially for a visitor to the area. The only things that never change are the road from the crossing to the hatchery,the cliffs in the Allison canyon, the boulder water at Tamahi, Tesky's rock, and the outcrop below the crossing....Oh yeah, the cement slab is still there, although it has taken a terrible beating! Even parts of the lower river below the crossing have been significantly altered. Perhaps for the better in some areas.
Some of the better holding water of years passed is just not there and there are long stretches of fast, choppy water as much as 100 meters or more from where the river used to be.....If you havn't been to the river since the flood, things have really changed!
If you keep track of the parked cars in certain areas, you will soon learn where the decent water is....Once the water drops a bit this may change as well....Ortho 8)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Maps can be incredibly useful at times. ;D Agreed that a lot of them may not be that helpful now, but I have in the past found ways to get to new water on variuos rivers using satelite maps. Just a way to find some back roads that lead to rarely fished waters. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts