BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going fishing tomorrow with the boyfriend, finally!

Anyway, my question about the DFO is...

My boyfriend bought his license to fish, because we only have one rod and one net. Neither of us know how to fish and we have no clue what we're doing, lol. But he'll be doing most of the fishing. If I'm playing with the rod, or just swinging it back and forth into the water, but didn't catch any fish... can I get fined by the DFO if they come and bug me? Or if he's fishing and the fish is getting away or falling off the line, and I use the net to pick the fish up... can I get fined? I know no sharing, but I'm technically not fishing...

AND for the quick question

London's Landing has Peamouth Chub, Northern Pikeminnow, Redside Shiner, Shiner Perch, Sculpin, Founder, Herring, and White Sturgeon. Which of these are edible, and which are ones I'm NOT allowed to catch? (catch/release only?)

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
noobfisher said:
I'm going fishing tomorrow with the boyfriend, finally!

Anyway, my question about the DFO is...

My boyfriend bought his license to fish, because we only have one rod and one net. Neither of us know how to fish and we have no clue what we're doing, lol. But he'll be doing most of the fishing. If I'm playing with the rod, or just swinging it back and forth into the water, but didn't catch any fish... can I get fined by the DFO if they come and bug me? Or if he's fishing and the fish is getting away or falling off the line, and I use the net to pick the fish up... can I get fined? I know no sharing, but I'm technically not fishing...

AND for the quick question

London's Landing has Peamouth Chub, Northern Pikeminnow, Redside Shiner, Shiner Perch, Sculpin, Founder, Herring, and White Sturgeon. Which of these are edible, and which are ones I'm NOT allowed to catch? (catch/release only?)

Thanks in advance :)

DEFINITELY don't be keeping any of those!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.