BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good to see them out there, was at grassy fishin for a couple sturgies at the bottom as they pulled into the bay after pulling in another native net that was hidden.
Lindsay a cute dfo officer came up to me and asked the usual all was good then we began talkin about there boat real nice,equipped with video camera's and infa-red on the bow-impressive and good to see dfo and rcmp together like that.
I'm posting this because Lindsay is the first officer I've encountered who truly listened and took notes on offenses that I have witnessed lately, the location of another hidden net that I saw on my way up the river, and very interested in the A-hole who drift fishes at night!!!!!! damn near ran him over twice now, I now know when he's out, between 10:30 and midnight is when this idiot ventures out and well I think his drifting days are over, as well Lindsay gave me her card with a special number she wrote on the back of a local officer in Mission to call. Nice to see a concerned officer Way to GO!!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Its easy right now to catch the offenders as DFO has closed FN fishing period..No food fishing, no ceremonial ,only a brief opening on Saturday for springs with a required large mesh net which would let the sockeye through...
So assuming that what is in print is correct, there should only be the test nets at Albion in the water..
I sure hope they watch the numbers and make sure enough get to the spawning grounds...

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Was checked by and talked to DFO today as well.

They have confiscated over 40 illegal nets. Told them of the drift fisher that was out at Wellington Bar last night at 2:00 AM. They took notes as well ...... hope they nab him. Please note that I didn't say FN ......... I didn't get ID and there are Non Native poachers as well.

GOFISH 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.