BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great news to hear indeed!

These closures exist for a reason. I don't care what your excuse or reason is, the future of the stock takes precedence above all else.

Hopefully they can maximize their fines and boat seizures to get as many poachers as possible out of the river.

Should almost just camp an officer at every boat launch to scare em' off before they even start.

·
Registered
381 Posts
They should camp on Wellington bar or Spaghetti bar as both of them are popular for night time drifting, but DFO knows that, it just comes down to manpower and if they really can impose fines or seize nets and boats.

·
Registered
162 Posts
now its fair game in terms of being able to see who is illegally netting or fishing vs when there are partial openings where some groups are allowed to or depending on definition use are not etc. With the complete closure dfo has some teeth when the river isn't completely closed they have dentures and they fell out which leaves them with less power.

·
Registered
57 Posts
now its fair game in terms of being able to see who is illegally netting or fishing vs when there are partial openings where some groups are allowed to or depending on definition use are not etc. With the complete closure dfo has some teeth when the river isn't completely closed they have dentures and they fell out which leaves them with less power.
Makes sense. Hopefully they are able to really come out swinging.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
well AT LEAST if they seize their boats... they wont be catching any more for awhile... but I know what you mean shane..... it is nice to see DFO doing something for ONCE! I was starting to think they had no balls.... Now lets hope they keep it up...

·
Registered
381 Posts
It's great that they are taking their nets and boats, but like in past years all that happens is we as taxpayers end up buying them new nets and boats. Also if I was caught and charged with poaching my name would be in the local paper or on the news but when FN get caught it is all kept hush hush.

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
It's great that they are taking their nets and boats, but like in past years all that happens is we as taxpayers end up buying them new nets and boats. Also if I was caught and charged with poaching my name would be in the local paper or on the news but when FN get caught it is all kept hush hush.
I read one story that suggested 'most', but not all those with boats and gear seized, were FN.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts