BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to my usual spot to get out for sturgeon and it was pretty crowded, i was with my girlfriend and was expecting a friend to come. So I tossed out one rod because of lack of space and hoped something would open up by the time my friend showed up. 10 minutes later DFO came by in their fancy boat(outta no where I may add) and checked licences and hooks. My girlfriend and I were the only ones with a license outta probably 10+ people(4 children) AND we were the only one fishing with a single barbless hook. Although not much was handed out in fines it did open up room for all 3 of us to fish, and it turned out to be a nice evening. Also one of the groups were there when I caught the first sturgeon of the night and I was asked if i was "gonna eat the whole thing" and informed them it is strictly catch and release, so hopefully that may save a fish from being killed due to ignorance.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FishFreak said:
I wish some people would read the regs before going out fishing ?

Wonder what DFO's reasoning was to not hand out fines to people using barbed hooks and no licenses ?
There was a $100 fine apparently, and they had their reasons, but to keep this outta the sin bin I will keep em to myself

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.