BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished cutting the center seat out of my 15' Aluminum to allow for an easy walk through. There are two models of my boat one has a walkthrough from the factory and one has the three seats. Did I just screw up badly? I left about 24" on either side and I have 20" to pass through. I'm concerned about strength now.

G

·
Im sure you can reinforce it some how... when you cut the seat did you cap off the ends of the cuts ???im sure that will pretty sharp and if your wearing waders, abd rub up against it you may be buying new waders as well.

If your worried about it cap off the cut ends and weld the caps to the floor that will help reinforce it a little bit

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I've got a 16ft'er and thouhgt of cutting at least part of it out but you should reinforce this section
with a "u" shaped gusset and cap it off....best of both worlds... If you're not pounding high seas
you should be fine... :beerchug:....Marko

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just don't really see the difference between what I've done and what is done at the factory. After cutting the space out and removing the foam I replaced the void with 3/4" thick plywood which i fastened with sheet metal screws. I just wonder if the bench seat actually has any structural necessity? p/s I also took a 4" grinder to the edges and rounded any sharp edges.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.