BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Banned
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would love to see which lakes people list as ones to try in this region :thumbup:

lakes with 2lb average fish and up with some lunkers would be preferred of course ;D

secret lakes feel free to PM to me if you wanna share. I myself dont keep many because i dont eat trout but my g/f's mom does, so i only take a couple.

thanks boys

P.S. lakes I have fished are Tunkwa/Leighton, Stump, Kentucky, Courtney, and a couple others i cant remember right now LOL as you can tell we need to expand our lake knowledge

· Registered
3,796 Posts
There many lakes I fish in the area. Most of them I discovered by reading BC lake fishing by Karl Bruhn and the BC Backroads Map Book. Some I learned about from anglers I met when I was on the waters I had discovered through my own research. I would never stoop so low as to ask anglers to give me their favorite lakes (especially their secret ones)/ I don't care how lazy you claim to be, go out and find a few good lakes. Maybe if you get out there you might even find your own secret lake rather than trot the same ones that have been mentioned here in the last few weeks. The material is there, go find it!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

· Registered
517 Posts
i like peterhope lake alot. been there once, going up again early this season. roche and black lakes are great as well. very close together. also, if you go up highway 5A from princeton, and hang a left onto the A P Guest Ranch, there's a bunch of lakes up there, including some pothole lakes that have good fish if you have a 4x4 and are willing to explore.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i appreciate all the info guys

Prof. im only looking for more lakes to research and dont want to just go blindly looking for one, so having a name to look up helps. I dont own a backroads book YET and my dad does have a lake info book but its quite out dated now. And when i can afford to drive around at these gas prices i surely will :beerchug: until then we like to have our destination planned out first.

I do have a 4x4 and can get basically anywhere now :thumbup: Thanks SS and Rick, i want to fish Corbett but its a good $$ just for a day of fishing :confused: something like $60 just to park and fish for the day. ouch :peace:

· Registered
3,796 Posts
HOOK said:
Prof. im only looking for more lakes to research and dont want to just go blindly looking for one, so having a name to look up helps. I dont own a backroads book YET and my dad does have a lake info book but its quite out dated now. And when i can afford to drive around at these gas prices i surely will :beerchug: until then we like to have our destination planned out first.
BullShot!!! A backroads map book costs all of $14-15 bucks. Bruhn's book can be had for free at the library. If you really are serious about researching lakes, I have fished all these these: Allyne, Marquart, Lundbloom, Frisken, Fawn, Dardanelles, Lac La Juene, Knouff, Hedley, Badger, Premier, Jim smith, French, Green, Summit, Black, Sheridan, Birkenhead, Alice,Tyaughton. Lightning, Ross, Silver, Goat, Duck, Ireland, Blackwater, White, Jewel, Sayers, Paul, Fred, McConnel Stake, Pinantan, Momich Mable, Round, Pinaus, Bleeker, Glimpse, Chataway Billy, Dot, Barnes, Harmon, Island, Murray, Plateau, Davis, Hammer, Green, Wilma, Watch, Dees, Doreen, Aileen, Deer, Loon, Kalamalka, Oyama, Shuswap, Woods, Gladstone, Lodwick, Goose, Bluey, Stoney, Missezula, Otter, Fulton, Lost, Babine, Osprey, Forest, Jones. I have caught fishing all these lakes and many more. Some were small, in some of these lakes I can catch fish weighing into double digits. Some are easy to get into, some are rougher, and some are hike-in. If you want to do some river fishing and need someone to find the spots for you to catch trout in, just ask, I have a list of rivers and sections I fish as well. OH yeah, I know gas is high, but I still spend the buck to head out to a new lake that I have researched through books, magazines, converstions, etc. and I never get dissaqppointed when I get there, even if the fishing is less than stellar. Maybe that's because I think that fishing is about so much more than just the fish.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
holy crap i havent even heard of half of those lakes :confused: thanks Prof but no need to be snarky eh :beerchug: O0 O0

And about rivers I would love info but at that time i WILL be more specific and have it narrowed to 1or2 streams. with that list im going to be a busy guy looking them all up and i guess i best go get a backroad book :cheers:

· Banned
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again for all the info guys

anyone ever try the smaller 4wheel access lakes around Roche, names are Black, Bog, Ernest and Bullman. there is more but these are directly there.

· Registered
183 Posts
HOOK said:
Thanks again for all the info guys

anyone ever try the smaller 4wheel access lakes around Roche, names are Black, Bog, Ernest and Bullman. there is more but these are directly there.
I went in this winter to Black and Bog. Road looks like it would be rocky but not bad unless it were really wet. There was a huge tree down across the road just passed Bog, hopefully it will be cout out by ice off. Bog looks like it would be hard to get into given the weed growth around the lake. I have heard Ernest and Bulman are very good, but have never tried there myself. Will give them both a shot this year. I heard the road to Bulman is extremely rough.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
hey Hook why not wait untill the fishout to explore these lakes, as i,m sure someone with some knowledge of them will probably be willing to take you in there. that way you don,t spend to much time and gas looking for them ;)

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Hey Hook,

I have fished Black, Bog, Bleeker, Hosli and Horshoe (and the main lake of course) personally and all can provide good sport for large fish when they are on. Black + Bog are brookie lakes (although black has some bows as well) and are 4by4 acess.

Horseshoe is also a brookie lake with bows and 2wd acess

Bleeker has rough 2wd acess and large bows but is ugly to look at IMO.

Hosli is a nice lake but the acess can really vary from year to year. Some years you can get in with a high clerance 2wd others it is hellish. It holds bows.

Ian F wrote an article about the Roche and area lakes with good maps a few years ago that you might want to track down.

Also as was suggested backroad mapbooks should be on every serious fishermans bedside table. Kim has asked me in exasperation many times why I spend so much time looking at my many mapbooks, I smile and she rolls her eye's "You are planning something aren't you". Of course I am..........

Hope that helps,

Pat

PS: Proff nice list, every once in a while I like to alphabetically list all the the waterbodies I have fished, looks like you may be as obsessed as I am.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Of course it is Proff, there are no rivers on it!

On my alphabetical swiftwater list there are very few letters without rivers beside them, except for X. Are there any rivers out there that start with X?

The end of the list looks like this of the top of my head

W-Weaver
X-nothing
Y-Yakima (of course the Y river on the Charlottes is very high up on the "to-do" list)
Z-Zyometz (could have said Copper but there are lots of other "C" rivers)

· Banned
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was going to wait till i was at Roche (most likely) to check out these lakes. i was just starting my research and alternate lakes to fish this year early so im ready when the time comes. my first purchase aside from ym licence next payday will be the mapbook for this region/area :thumbup:

Pat dont forget me for some of those river trips if you need company :drunk: something i have still yet to try is fly fishing for trout in rivers. ALOT harder from salmon from what i have read and watched on tv :cheers:

· Registered
787 Posts
HOOK said:
i appreciate all the info guys

I do have a 4x4 and can get basically anywhere now :thumbup: Thanks SS and Rick, i want to fish Corbett but its a good $$ just for a day of fishing :confused: something like $60 just to park and fish for the day. ouch :peace:
You cant afford the gas but you buy a dodge full size = GAS PIG , you just bought a brandnew pontoon but you cant afford a 15 dollar backroads book LOL !!!! come on now man !!! - you have all the info you need at your finger tips, do a little bit of searching and your set !!!!

· Banned
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
think about that one for a second :confused: my new trucks gas mileage is just as good a the dakota. but you can all stop picking on me for asking questions :pissed: isnt that what this forum is for ?? :cheers: last thing im saying here. I appreciate the info that was given and will research other things, i only wanted a few different one (names of lakes) that would be good to try because online you can only find the bigger lake info that have campsites and what not. but i will stop asking to please you all :peace:

· Registered
787 Posts
There is nothing wrong with asking questions on here, sometimes its how you ask it, you hear a report of fish from somewhere else, and your all over that person to give up spots and what to use, I know you know how to fish and you can catch fish , its obvious as you post it on here, how do you think other people have found there good fishing spots, by searching on the net for different bodies of water, its about trial and error , one place may be good while one other sucks, its all part of it. You know have a 4X4 gas that thing up and explore !!!!

we all do it.... why cant you !!!!

All im saying about this thread... you get the point !!!!!

:peace:

· Registered
1,199 Posts
I do not think there is anything wrong with asking for help or advice and I agree with Hook on the fact that - isnt that what this site is all about ??- learning from others. Mindu most people will not give you their special spots and they have a right to keep them to themselves. We have a few special fishing spots of our own but if I tell everyone - there wont be any room left for me :'( So I keep that to myself :-X :beerchug:

· Registered
318 Posts
i think if you dont want to share info,dont.just dont jump all over someone who ASKS FOR HELP! hook,if i had info,it would be yours to have.i"m still working my way up there.when i do ,its there for anyone who asks.people helping people,right?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.