BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have an 11' inflatable dingy with a 4horse merc. I have had it for many years, and caught alot of fish from it... it was my escape from shore when we were't out in the big boat. I've got it with me in Victoria now, and it is enought to get me fishing off the waterfront. Now I want to mount a downrigger on it, and i'm looking for suggestions on how to do this. I was thinking about mounting it on top of the engine, pointing straight back. Any ideas?

· Registered
29 Posts
I would strap a 2x6 across the gunnels and mount the rigger pointing off the side.
You can mount rod holders on it as well.
Should be D rings on the boat to secure the 2x6.
Dress up the 2x6 using a router to make a nice edge all the way around, lightly burn it with a torch, rub off the excess soot, then varathane it.
Then your off. :beerchug:

· Registered
3,928 Posts
Ambler...

For some reason I remember a member here, (maybe Jord) who was looking to do the same thing. I did a quick search and can't recall if it was on Scotty's website or on West Marine's site, but I did find a mount for a zodiac/dingy.

· Registered
815 Posts
If you've got a hard bottom it shouldn't be a problem making something. I've seen a guy at the cap with the same thing on about 11'er. I might suggest a bigger engin but I've never been in your baot.
have fun, Jason

· Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So that's how you spell it! When I tried to figure it out, it looked funny with an 'ie'; I never thought to try an 'h'.
And as for the bigger motor, I'd sure like one. But between a small place and a student budget, I can't justify the upgrade.
Thanks for the ideas guys, if I ever get this together, I'll post a photo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.