BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More specifically, I'd like to get to the mouth of the cheakamus. Is anyone willing to share the directions? I'm going at first light tomorow, and hope I dont have to hunt through local roads in the dark. Thanks! :beerchug:

· Registered
898 Posts
tough to get to maybe :-\
Off Sea to Sky highway turn left onto Depot Road then right onto Government Road then left onto Axen Road
drive to the end of the road and hike in :thumbup:
good luck and watch out for those bears

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I just got home from the 2.5hr return drive from Squamish (normally is 45 mins). We searched for some logging road that take us close to the mouth of the cheakamus, but had no luck. We then made our way over to Judd Rd, and started to hike up the river and fish the occasional spot for a few hours. no luck. We found some really nice spots, but they were lacking fish!

We then decided to head over to the Cheakamus (paradise valley road). I didn't have any luck with yarn, so I put on a #4 brass colorado blade and hooked a coho in one of my first casts. Got one more about 15 mins later. We tried for another few hours, but no more luck. The coho's were both about 7-8 lb does, and fairly coloured, but still a lot more fun than foul hooking a rotting chum!

Im still looking for directions to the mouth of cheakamus if someone can help. I have a bad ankle, so I try to avoid the really long hikes.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking at google maps now, It turns out that we walked almost all of the way to the mouth of the cheakamus, but got discouraged thinking it was a lot further up. oh well.

The road that follows the side of the river (walking only) will take you from judd road to the mouth.

· Registered
1,519 Posts
Britguy said:
tough to get to maybe :-\
Off Sea to Sky highway turn left onto Depot Road then right onto Government Road then left onto Axen Road
drive to the end of the road and hike in :thumbup:
Watch out for no tresspassiing signs too if you go down Axen road! Fn's reserve land all down there!

· Registered
648 Posts
hey tim, my son and I ended up walking upstream, just above the tailout. Hooked nearly a dozen in a couple of hours. My son hooked half of them, landed three. Was a great day to be out. Fish were a little coloured, but fiesty nonetheless. I think that he hooked into a coho, with one of BentRods green and purple jigs, I was busy finding the camera while the fish leapt, and spat the hook. He said that all he saw was a big silver flash, with no bars. Nice to see some fish when it looked like all was lost.

· Registered
898 Posts
Quote from: Britguy on November 22, 2007, 09:53:30 PM
tough to get to maybe
drive to the end of the road and hike in

Watch out for no tresspassiing signs too if you go down Axen road! Fn's reserve land all down there!
good point Hotrod :thumbup:
never been up that way just looked at the map on goole earth did not know it was Fn area

nice to hear you guys (tim5371, ogobogo) got into some fish

· Registered
15 Posts
Looking to head up to the Squamish/Mamquam this weekend with my son as well, although if the chum/coho run is pretty much finished we'll give it a pass. Any other recent news about fish remaining in this system? Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.