BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I was out at one of my favorite fishing spots and an elderly gentlemen (if you want to call him that) next to me brought in a large male pink. He dragged it up on the beach and then walked around with it - and I thought to myself - I guess he is going to keep the fish. Then I see him pitch the fish at least 6 feet in the air and the fish hits the water with a large splash on its side. Then in the next few minutes I see this same fish float by me - its head in the air - gasping for breath. I thought to myself Jezzz man if you werent going to bonk the fish and keep it at least you could do is let it go nicely so hopefully the fish can make it up to the spawning ground to replace then next generation of fish - For us all to keep fishing - I just couldnt believe it. My point is if you arent going to keep the fish - at least let it go nicely! :pissed:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
you should have walked over and punched him. then proceeded to tell him "thats from the fish" just like i have done to people in the Vedder "kick releasing" chum. I mean just cause you might think its a crap fish doesnt mean you have to treat it like crap. if we all did this these same practices then we would have nothing to catch EVER!!! I mean think about it the way some of the returns are going we might only have Chum and Pinks left to fish for.

HOOK

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PumpingIron said:
So what did you say to him?
Well - because I am a woman and I was not with my husband I did not want to be confrontational. But normally I would have said something but I basically just stood there in shock - biting my tongue basically

·
Registered
304 Posts
No Marko,

Police patrol ( today around 2:00 PM, they catch two guys without license, and goodbuy!!!!!!!!!!!)

Brownsille Bar

I didn't have a chance to try new lure, but i found it where you said, thank you so much.

Cheers, :beerchug:

B.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Hang in there Fishnfvr...you have the right attitude, in time if we can spread that kind of attitude around the sportfishing community, then great...otherwise all we can do is take care of our own end.

Spread the word...

:thumbup:

·
Registered
911 Posts
I agree Rib, there are a lot of ignorant people out there that call themselves sportfishers, Hook might have had the right idea, but could you imagine a place like the KW bridge it would look like a bad bruce lee movie guy's flying every where. :happy: I often thought whayt about tying a rope on to one of the perps, and have them walk half a mile up the river whilst administering a few motivational electric shocks when they slow due to tiredness, show them how hard these fish work to get up there and see if that changes their point of view. Well I guess trying to educate them verbally will have to do till the powers that be will allow that type of educating.
Crazy D

G

·
Crazy Drifter said:
I agree Rib, there are a lot of ignorant people out there that call themselves sportfishers, Hook might have had the right idea, but could you imagine a place like the KW bridge it would look like a bad bruce lee movie guy's flying every where. :happy: I often thought whayt about tying a rope on to one of the perps, and have them walk half a mile up the river whilst administering a few motivational electric shocks when they slow due to tiredness, show them how hard these fish work to get up there and see if that changes their point of view. Well I guess trying to educate them verbally will have to do till the powers that be will allow that type of educating.
Crazy D
the good thing about the KWB now is from the most recent flood we had changed that area allot, and last year under the KWB was a big deep holding pool , now the fish are just swimming right through it because it doesnt have that deep pool now.

Still gonna be people standing under it like trolls , but the fish arent stopping there now :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
FishNFvr even though you had been alone i am sure to bet someone would have backed you. most of us ethical fisherman back each other to the ignorant or the ones that just dont care. i myself have pushed a couple guys into the river for stepping on my fish that are sitting at my feet bleeding out. i dont think they liked the swim as they never come back to say anything. and the other fisherman around me always congratulate me on sticking up and saying something(for the fish). especially with the guy that i kicked that day on the Vedder i had several people yelling at him after i did it and said some choice words. he promptly left.

i have come close to fist fights on the river however only seen one actually go through to actual swings thrown. think most people just blow smoke out their a**es. LOL i used to just stay quiet and not say anything but after seeing it every year i just cant anymore and wont.

if your ever fishing look for us out there my dad( wagonmaster) is always wearing a black cowboy hat LOL and i will be the guy catching tons of fish ;D ;D ;D

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
455 Posts
I keep on going and came accross a family fishing and thought this looks all right. After a couple of casts I saw they had one on and moved back so he could play the fish. Well it was another pink and thought they were going to let it go but the wife came down with a bowl and he started squeezing the eggs from this doe into the bowl. I asked what are you doing and he told me he was not harming the fish and after he was finished he let it go. From an earlier post

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
holy sh** salmonator now thats one i havent seen yet :eek: :eek: :eek: how does he figure he isnt harming the fish. she still thinks she can spawn and will mate up with no result taking up space where another fish with eggs could be spawning. WOW thats a new low Jeesh i cant get over what i just read. even my g/f sitting here is disgusted and shocked at hearing this.

HOOK

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.