BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last few months I have started applying a small dab of instant crazy glue to my knots, usually on heavy joiner knots such as nails and albrights.

Will crazy glue cause damage to mono or braid, as in, eat into it or anything? :confused:

I have heard that plio-bond works well due to it's flexible nature, so perhaps I will have to try it out.

· Registered
3,796 Posts
When I am building tapered leaders I usually apply Loon's Knot Sense. It is a UV activated glue designed for use on mono. I find tho' that most of the time my knots are just fine without glue. The main reason for gluing the leader knots is to smooth them out and help them pass through the guides better.

· Registered
452 Posts
I find crazy glue doesn't have the longevity of Zap-a-gap. My plumber friend laughed when he saw me using it - said he's been using it for years. (Use it only on my loop ends and for finishing off flies)

· Registered
234 Posts
professori said:
When I am building tapered leaders I usually apply Loon's Knot Sense. It is a UV activated glue designed for use on mono. I find tho' that most of the time my knots are just fine without glue. The main reason for gluing the leader knots is to smooth them out and help them pass through the guides better.
I really like this idea. I've never glued a knot in my life and my blood knots are always super solid but I wouldn't mind just smoothing out the connections in my tapered leaders a little bit. I will try to get my hands on some of this 'Loon's Knot Sense' but until then do you know if Aquaseal will work without causing any damage to the mono or flouro?

Thanks for the tip. :peace:

· Registered
3,796 Posts
I used to use Aquaseal, but it takes quite awhile to dry. Knot Sense (available at any tackle shop)just needs UV (sunlight ) and sets up in about 15 seconds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.