BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys livin in Pitt meadows Now & was wondering . Can i fish the fraser along this area with out a boat??

Looks good But never been down there yet
Thx for the Help

·
Registered
224 Posts
What are you going to fish for? You can fish from shore anywhere. The thing about a boat is you can fish anywhere and with shore your limited but doesn't mean you "CAN'T" I have had a boat for a couple seasons now but before that it was shore and I still caught fish.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
I grew up in Pitt and we used to go down by the airport and fish from the dock. Then one year they put a gate up so you couldnt anymore :'( not sure where else would be decent around there. Unless you know someone on the Rez ;D then you can fish where their land is :thumbup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
IFyou go to a tackle store they have a book (i forget the title, it's in storage) that tells all the bars you can fish on the FRazer. But I know sometimes when I go out I have been known to trespass. But I don't ever litter so I hope there's never any hard feelings :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I live in Pitt Meadows as well. Hook I know that exact dock your talking about, and I'm pretty angry theres a gate there. The only way to get to the dock is to swim during slack water, but I'm not going in that water. I've walked from the start of the **** all the way past the airport, and haven't found any real good fishing waters. There are either trees, logs in the water, or really thick brush to walk through. The only spot I have found that is kind of fishable is just past the dock on the edge of the water. There are a bunch of rocks to walk across. It's not the best place but i've seen a few fish rising out there, although that was back in July. Good luck.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
ya i hear that ReelAngler there are a couple spots but like you said you have to buashwack because Im betting the paths are overgrown down there by now. we used to bike down by the rivers edge but be careful cause there is LOTS and i mean LOTS of coyotes down there so dont be alone or your dinner. A buddy and myself ran into a pack of 20+ all we did was hold our ground let them sniff and what not, then they left and so did we. Im brave i actually reached out and touched one :thumbup: sure soft doggies :happy:

why not get yourself down the other end of Harris Rd. to the Allouette and walk the river down there. There is lots of fishable water down there. try using single eggs or worms and you never knwo what you might catch. Have fun out there I know i did

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
well Steelies keep coming till April then red springs start in May :thumbup: there is always something in the fraser running. alot of guys chase for Cutthroat trout during the winter and spring.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Fish from any of the local wharfs for Sturgeon.
If you take small kids ,make sure they are wearing life jackets.
One of the last times i visited a local wharf some guy was there with a very young child and as he fished away the kid was running all over the wharf without a lifejacket and i couldnt even stay and watch any longer in fear of this kid falling in.
Is just a no brainer but apperently the Dad didnt have one.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey i live on Harris Rd & didnt even know there was lake at the Btm Of it... Thanks for the heads Up .. i sooo have to check out my new area... thats awesome thx sooo much for the ideas guys

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The cutthroat should start to show up soon. The great thing about this area of the Allouette river is that you can walk the **** until you see fish rising. Again do not leave anything of value in your vehicle as there has been break ins.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thank u guys soo much... is that the area that has a long walkin path along the entire river ... i was down there the other day just for a walk & was wondering if it had fish...
Thx sooo much guys for the help

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
the area im talking about is where the bridge is and yes you can walk it up or down for miles and fish basically anywhere. there used to be a different bridge there when i was a kid that we all used to dive off of (we called the area SILVER BRIDGE) cause of this. a few people got hurt and the bridge started to deteriorate so they replaced it.

I would bet FLYGUY fishes this river alot due to it being so close to him :thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.