BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting topics on bar fishing for Spring salmon :thumbup: I just wonder does anybody bar fished for Cohoes using roe below the Mission bridge? About 30 years I try bar fishing for salmon mostly targeting cohoes around Derby Reach bar (Fort Langley) using 2 hook rigs, which was still legal back then. Although I went out quite lots time, I have only caught a very limited amount cohoes and this was due to crappy roe I was using. I know guys was slaying them using Berry's Bait store brought Chum roe.

I remmember that tide change was from high to low was best time to catch salmons. Now, it seem that Coho are open to retention around October 8 below the Mission bridge. Anybody fish this way anymore? Thanks.

Silex-user.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Yeah, I as well do this from time to time in sept and oct every year. Some years are better then others, but just find a spot and toss some roe. I do most of my Barfing on the Lower Fraser from the Port mann down. My buddy did get one right below the mission Bridge last year, there were a couple other guys there that got some tossing spinners and spoons as well. ;)

·
Registered
327 Posts
My first salmon was a Coho caught between the Patullo and Skytrain bridges a few years back Barfing. I also used roe on my hook for bait.
Usually there a few people every day at that bar fishing.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Afew people? Thats an understatment during the coho season! I fished there 15 years ago and there were at least 15 20 people spread out at trhat bar! Same as my return there lastyear! So yeah theres alot of fishermen there! And bar fishing with one hook not 2 on the bar rig with some nice dog roe and your set!
Catch lots of chum using this rig as well!And spring jacks!
C.K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts