BC Fishing Reports banner

Dollie set up

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Mike D. 
#1 ·
What is your typical dollie set up for fishing the lower Fraser?

#2 ·
Elvis,

You should ask Ribwart. I was fishing with him the other day and he was nailing them. I now call him the Dolly Lama. lol :eek: ;D

Sorry Rib, LOL ;D

Nates

#7 ·
I came up with that nickname at the end of a long day of steelheading. You know how sometimes you start to get delerious at the end of the day :p :p. We laughed for quite awhile about that one ;D ;D. Lets try to make sure this one sticks for a bit. ;) ;D

Tight Lines, Nates

#10 ·
It was a great day Ortho, we did a little much needed tinkerin with the tubs,sat back
and enjoyed the day. No dino's .... :(.........We tried hooligans just downsteam from the
Stav and again just downsteam from the Albion ferry........ it was nice not doing our
usual marathon for a change...... :p...............Marko..... ;D

#14 ·
Try Barfishing a big 00 chrome with red top spin n' glo...worked for me ;D couldn't believe it...8lb dolly this way....oh wait you said lower river sorry.....although I'm sure a spin n' glo with some roe or worms would work like a damn.

Mike <")))))))><

#15 ·
Sorry Elvis, despite my new nickname, I don't fish the fraser much, for dollies, or anything else for that matter...

You might pm Big Steel and ask him, he's had good success recently, I believe he was using steelhead roe on a barfishing setup...

But if I were going to fish them, I'd be using light weight casting gear, with big flashy spoons and/or spinners...but like I said, I don't fish the fraser, or at least haven't in about 10 years or more...

Drop Big Steel a line, I'm sure he could help you out...

rib (aka dollie lama ;))

#16 ·
If you are targeting on gear, in the smaller rivers,I would use hammered #3 colorado blades under a float with split shot. This is also a good set up for late winter steel. ...I would suggest the fly guys will likely have their own fry imitations to work with.....If you are fishing the Fraser, find a nice sandy bar with a constant slope and use a standard bar rig set up. Dew worms fresh roe or eggs, If you run into a lot of coarse fish just pack up and move a few yards. Don't fish too far from the shore. Most fish will be found close in where the food is. No long casts required.............Ortho 8)

#17 ·
When I fly fish for dollies (mostly bi-catch when I am fly fishing for cutties), I love to use egg patterns! Glo-Bugs, crystal eggs, and my favorite little contraption ;D others I like to try are rolled muddlers big and small, as well as attractors, and my fav most used fly FLASH FLIES!

Mike <")))))))><

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.