BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pacific White Sided dolphins... has any one every seen them in the Strait? I will have a picture. But this is the first time I have ever seen them in the strait, Georgia that is.
My Bro has to get the pic back to me but I am sure as a 5 year university drop out can be that they are Dolphins and not dalls or harbuor popises. Will get the picture asap.
Have fun, Jason

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I have seen Dall's in the strait but only every seen the White Siders up North.

You saw them just outside Silva?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the pic. Taken just off the Grandy at Silva Bay... a mile or so off shore, sailing.
i70.photobucket.com/albums/i99/bigjaytaylor222/dolphins.jpg
Definatly dolphins and not dalls porpasis... Serouly anyone seen them in the Strait? I have not but I have not seen grey whales or humpback or minky in the strait but they some times go there.
I wanted to get in the h2o with em, but the boat was too slow. And my bro don't think it is a good idea. I have surfed with many bottel nosed dolphins... they love to surf. Buddy of mine surfed big waves (20' plus) NewZealand. On Christmas day he dropped into a wave with an orca in it. Seriously.
Have fun, Jason
I don't know why the pic is not posted but if you copy and past it will give you the pic.

·
Banned
189 Posts
They were rare as popesh*t for years and years then about 10 years ago we saw a huge influx all over the 'Inside'.
That lasted about 4 years now we're seeing fewer but more than the 'old days'.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dog Breath.
thanks. I've been on the h2O for a long time and never have seen em' . I may not be good at fishing but I am good with ID ing speices. Thanks man.
Surfing in Oz allow me to see many bottel nose dolphins, but never halve I seen a white sided in the strait. In New Zealand have... Kyocara or smothing... I was on lsd... sorry for that but true.
Thanks, man. Again.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know I am beating a dead hourse but truth is in dog breath words. I will not ask him his age or any thing that may be demining. But thanks for the truth an pic. You are a star. I wish I could be one. I try to fish, and be a naturalist. Some times I have seen thing that need d to be shown. Sometimes I don't know. Frist time I saw dophins in the strait. Thanks. Seriously. This is what it should be about. Chevy on vhf 69. That is me.
have fun, Jason
Will buy you a beer in garden bay or silva if you call me on it.

·
Banned
189 Posts
Jay-I never took that pic-just found it on the net.
The first I ever saw them in English Bay-travelling quite low in the water-was '94 or '95.
Lots of Dall's Porpoises as mentioned but no Whitesides until then.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
honest. as fishers should be. Thanks Dog. The pic. I have is taken off the Grandy. Gabriola Is. In the strait. I am going to send the pic to UBC. Or Uvic. Really it is a one of.
Don't want to prey, but you have many more years on the sea then me. I am almost thirty. My years on the water are limited. How long have you been here for? Longer then me I am sure. Have fun dawg. I was only trying to tell you you have it. Get down around Trial Is. I am your ******. Have fun, Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts