BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy Trophy XL QR reel with Shimano Technium 10' 6" medium any thoughts??? Trying to stay under $500

·
Registered
37 Posts
Technium rod is good but I would go to a 11 foot rod for more power taking the line off the down rigger. Shimano 4000 GT with sealed drag is less expensive and a real workhorse of a reel. You can get two set ups then.

B

·
0 Posts
Technium rod is good but I would go to a 11 foot rod for more power taking the line off the down rigger. Shimano 4000 GT with sealed drag is less expensive and a real workhorse of a reel. You can get two set ups then.
11 foot is nice but can be a pain to handle in 14-20 foot boats.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Looking to buy Trophy XL QR reel with Shimano Technium 10' 6" medium any thoughts??? Trying to stay under $500
Should be fairly easy to get that setup under $500. I have 2 of the exact same and paid less than that.

If you can wait, check out Boxing Day sales or wait til somewhere like Berrys has their big sale for Fathers Day.

Wat h some of the bigger retailers around the province like Berrys, PAC Net and Twine, Island Outfitters etc

·
Registered
22 Posts
That set up should be doable, that leaves you with a 150 -200 bucks or so to buy rod. Lots of good rods for 150. Shimano Techneiums are great, fenwick, sage or you might even be knocking on the door opf some customs if you get a good deal.

I agree with Big green on teh rod size 10-6" can even be tough to handle in a bigger boat with a top, especially when fishing 15+ lb fish. I am set up with 8.5-9.5 rods and it really helps when you are solo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts