BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man those stopper beads are a pain in the rear...always sliding or falling off....so in one of my discussions with an old "salty" who shall remain nameless he gave me a great tip that I tried.

I run one side stainless and one side braided just because i'm still not sold yet on either one..so he suggested splicing a medium sized swivel onto the line at the point where the ball just sits in the water and at whatever depth you would stack your second line...so i did it on both and guess what...worked like a charm....no sliding beads and stops every time....yahoo....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Another question about downriggers. I have 2 scotty electrics, and know that they come with a lifetime warranty. Should something go wrong with them, am I able to get them fixed, even with no receipts? They came with my boat.... any ideas?

·
Registered
956 Posts
"All Scotty downriggers have a lifetime warranty against defective workmanship and materials when used for fishing. The lifetime warranty extends to the original owner only. Damage and failure to function as a result of home servicing may void the warranty Scotty offers."

here it is right from their site...

http://www.scotty.com/marine/support/support/warranty.html

·
Registered
956 Posts
When you purchase your downriggers, they give you forms to fill out and send in to register for your warranty info.

You could always call a licensed dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.