BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 4 years of fishless steelhead seasons I finally landed a nice little 8 lb. wild doe today ;D. She nailed a silver RVRFSHR spoon and after a few runs and jumps I guided her into shore. There was another gent fishing below me and he had come up to have a look so I asked him if he could take a couple of pics for me. So I tailed her and removed the hook from her mouth and being wild I didn't want to lift her clear of the water so this was the best pic, I was hoping it would show the adipose. Great feeling to finally catch another of these beauties after so long.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Nice release picture and congrats on your first steel, the rest will come easier I am sure.

I remember when I was 14 and finally landed my first steel well into my second year of trying I was so excited I ran circles around my parents house screaming "steelhead" for close to an hour after my father and I got back from Chehalis.

Don't fight it if you feel like doing the same thing...who cares what the folks next door think! :)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Wow! Four years is along time! Way to go. That's a great pic too but now you're really hooked aren't ya?

Hotrod

·
Registered
911 Posts
Is it just me or does there seem to be more fish being caught earlier that the last few years, I haven't had the chance to pound the water hard yet this year due to commitments, but from what buddy's are sayin there seems to be a ton of fish in already.
Keep the catch pictures coming
Cheers,
Crazy D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Man, that's a nice looking fish! Were you using the Record reel? :thumbup: The river looks just awesome as well. I've been a drought for awhile, (due to new baby girl). Haven't been out in 2 years now and finally! might be able to get out on Sunday. Just hope to have the day you've had! Congrats!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.