BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy I work with says he fishes for trout at duck lake, near or in mission.Does anyone know anything about this lake?I am not convinced he has the name right.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
There's a duck lake near Creston. Is that near Mission?

DUCK LAKE, BC

It may be a shock to learn that a lake in B.C., which has only a handful of bass waters, has the criteria required to produce the trophy of a lifetime. Duck Lake is Canada's best bet for a 10-pound-plus largemouth, having already yielded an 8-pounder. Only a few lakes in North America have the conditions to yield such a fish.
Rob Baldwin, a former B.C. fisheries biologist, explains that Duck Lake's location in southern B.C., near Creston, gives it the extended growing season that bass need to reach 10 pounds. There's also a prolific forage base. What's more, Duck Lake receives relatively little fishing pressure (bass are not nearly as popular in B.C. as they are in Ontario or Quebec).
Duck Lake is part of a large delta where Kootenay River enters Kootenay Lake. There's a four-bass limit, with slot sizes, and a year-round open-season. Proposed regulation changes, however, may see a catch-and-release-only, spring bass season. But for those who want a unique bass fishery and an honest shot at a rare Canadian 10-pounder, Duck Lake is the spot.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
it might not be that he is wrong but that this lake he is talking of has 2 names. whats the other name for the lake in Abby that I only know as "molson lake" this is not the real name but thats what alot of people know it by. this lake could be the same to some people :thumbup: there are alot of lakes that have 2names another example is Wahleach lake (jones lake) most people know it by Jones which isnt the real name either. :confused: :confused: sure a thinker though, why would lakes have secondary names???

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
There is a Duck Lake near Powell River, one near Creston and one near Oyama, but I am not aware of a Duck Lake in the lower mainland.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HOOK said:
it might not be that he is wrong but that this lake he is talking of has 2 names. whats the other name for the lake in Abby that I only know as "molson lake" this is not the real name but thats what alot of people know it by. this lake could be the same to some people :thumbup: there are alot of lakes that have 2names another example is Wahleach lake (jones lake) most people know it by Jones which isnt the real name either. :confused: :confused: sure a thinker though, why would lakes have secondary names???
This is possible.And I suspect this is what is happening.Thanks everyone for your input I will check into this further and let you know what I find out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.